what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MT-01. Interesting bike!

The 2006 Yamaha MT-01 and all other motorcycles made 1894-2024. Specifications. Pictures. Rating. Discussions.

"Maximum power without direct air induction is 93.4kW (127 HP) @ 14,500 rpm."

Yamaha builds a Buell? I have yet to see one in The States.
    R1 front front suspension and Ohlins shock on the '09 model.

I think it looks MUCH better with the fairing.

Eric

Comment

Looks like the engine on my Roadstar,both around 1700cc.

1978 GS1000C
      1979 GS1000E
      1980 GS1000E
      2004 Roadstar

Comment

I literally begun salivating when I saw that bike...

Comment

Not my kind of bike, but I think the fairing makes it look better, never liked the naked look on crotchety rockets, just older cruisers. Even so, I plan on adding a fairing to my project G.

Is that like a new generation v-max type of bike??

Comment

Originally posted by LoopGaroo View Post
            I literally begun salivating when I saw that bike...
            Have you seen his other bikes?

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Looks like the engine on my Roadstar,both around 1700cc.
              Yep, same engine with the exception that the MT-01 is tuned more to be a sort of sport / street bike. Lightened crank, different ECU, etc. etc.

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
              MT-01. Interesting bike!

The 2006 Yamaha MT-01 and all other motorcycles made 1894-2024. Specifications. Pictures. Rating. Discussions.

"Maximum power without direct air induction is 93.4kW (127 HP) @ 14,500 rpm."

Yamaha builds a Buell? I have yet to see one in The States.
              R1 front front suspension and Ohlins shock on the '09 model.

I think it looks MUCH better with the fairing.

Eric
              That's an interesting quote. I'm afraid it doesn't put out much more than 85-90hp at the wheel. Maybe you could squeeze 127 out of it with some race camshafts, bigger bore and a proper exhaust and ECU. Without that though? Nah... And 14500rpm? The rev limiter kicks in at 6500.

Got some Dymag UP7 forged alloy wheels coming in at the end of the month. Should bring the visuals up another notch too!

Anyway, thanks for the comments guys!
              Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2012, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindless View Post
                Yep, same engine with the exception that the MT-01 is tuned more to be a sort of sport / street bike. Lightened crank, different ECU, etc. etc.

That's an interesting quote. I'm afraid it doesn't put out much more than 85-90hp at the wheel. Maybe you could squeeze 127 out of it with some race camshafts, bigger bore and a proper exhaust and ECU. Without that though? Nah... And 14500rpm? The rev limiter kicks in at 6500.

Got some Dymag UP7 forged alloy wheels coming in at the end of the month. Should bring the visuals up another notch too!

Anyway, thanks for the comments guys!
                GREAT looking bike with the fairing!!!

I was going to question the 14,500 rpm number. Those pistons would be swapping holes, at those speeds !

Comment

That's one of the cooler V-Twins out there. The 90 hp is only half the story....it apparently lays down 110 lb/ft of torque at (get this) 3750 rpm! Probably makes a 1250 Bandit seem anemic.
                  '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                  Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Did anyone check out the link that I posted on it?
                    89 HP and 110 pounds of TORQUE!
                    Roughly a 4" bore by a 4.5" STROKE!
                    Torque Monster!!! Oh, yeah!

Eric

Comment

Yep, plenty of toque in it. Pulls like a freight train above 3000rpm in 4th gear and keeps pulling till about 5500rpm so it's good fun.

Took my dads Yamaha XJR1300 (inline four, 1300cc) out for a spin a while ago. Felt like riding a moped compared to the MT.

Another thing that I find awesome with it is how effective engine braking is. If you rev it to say 4000rpm in 5th gear and let go of the throttle it's almost like having a second front brake. You stop really, really fast with it.

Comment

The GSX1100G's are that way too.
                        With only about 80 pounds of torque and the engine braking is like dropping an anchor. Whoa!

Eric

Comment

Fixed my cam tensioner leak. (hopefully).

Thanx to Mr Bwringer's great tutorial! And pretty easy as you mentioned Pete! Super happy!

Also took 1 old torn intake boot off and replaced with a good 1 that came with the carb purchase.

Also tore down the new purchased carb to get it clean and sorted.

Pretty productive Saturday!

Comment

Just put new clutch cable on 550L, smooth operator. What a binding bit of junk the old one was (up till it snapped 10 miles from home) Gotta do that maintenance....I knew it was stiff months ago.
                            Thought about removing carbs for clean/rings(Have a midrange flatspot) but uh....that can wait. Gonna take her up to the beach or something.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                              Just put new clutch cable on 550L, smooth operator. What a binding bit of junk the old one was (up till it snapped 10 miles from home) Gotta do that maintenance....I knew it was stiff months ago.
                              Thought about removing carbs for clean/rings(Have a midrange flatspot) but uh....that can wait. Gonna take her up to the beach or something.
                              Adam, It's friggin a 100 degrees out, you nuts?? And yeah, you knew that cable was bad when you were at my house... Take a ride this way....but only if you bring that fairing
                              Kidding....
                              Your always welcome.
                              Rich

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                                Adam, It's friggin a 100 degrees out, you nuts?? And yeah, you knew that cable was bad when you were at my house... Take a ride this way....but only if you bring that fairing
                                Kidding....
                                Your always welcome.
                                Rich
                                I've been out riding in the heat, about 60 miles chasing the riding game tag, and testing the cable adjustment. Very nice.
                                I think I met the tag with a suitable gold-ish dome.... I hope to make it home soon with a new tag also.

Comment

Working...
                                X