No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dug her out of winter storage and checked the valve shims. Need to change 4 of the buggers. Order off to Z1.......gone!!
    -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Today, we did wrenched the carbs, replaced the rear turn signals and started pulling apart the master cylinder to rebuild it.

Comment

I didn't wrench on anything today!!! Today they were short in the showroom so I had to work the parts counter and answer phones... I would rather be wrenching, I don't know how they do it, the 4 hours felt like 10.

Comment

Looks like the 1100e swingarm is not an exact swap for a 791000L. the swingarm wont come down far enough to put the shocks on. it only needs to come down maybe an inch, if that. cleaned and repacked the old bearings on the old swing arm and put it back on. my new bearings are in the 1100e swingarm. any ideas on how to get the 1100 swingarm to work? don't want to cut the frame cuz it would take the rear peg off and eff up the exhaust mount, and I just don't want to cut the frame.

Comment

Yeaaah..."wrenched"on my house some more today. The gs is collecting a coating of sawdust....
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Well, i believe I'm gonna bend out the rear foot pegs a little and put that aluminum swing arm back on.

Comment

Been working on the old ladies bike(550T), removed all the engine covers so she can polish them and I'm getting ready to do the valves. It will be my first attempt, that's why I'm doing hers first. I have 4 different shim sizes 2.70-2.85(8 shims total), hopefully any change will be in this range. If not I'm over due for doing the same thing on Suzy I and II. Between the 3 I should be able to swap shims around to get all of them with in limits. The VC gasket looks very good and removed cleanly. I think I'll reuse it, with a very, very thin film of black ATV to make sure there are no leaks. I used the weekend evenings to finaly disassemble the 750ex I got a few months ago. I got it running two weeks ago and have been procrastinating on tearing it apart. I left the entire rear and front suspensions intact to quicken the task. I'm going to transfer the front assembly(wireing harness still connected) to a 750ez parts bike, (useless Fl. title was signed by PPO, but never regestered) I got 2 weeks ago and see if it will also run. The ignition is missing, but the ex motor will donate all it needs, electronics, nice clean and oringed carbs, and even the oil since I know all of that is good. Not sure what I'm going to use it for, but the ex engine is going in my 750tz. The 750ex frame is going to Gustovh, since Fl. has become one of the most difficult and expensive places to deal with out of state titles, even clear ones. IMHO, all thanks go to the scabs that prey on Bike Week and Biketober Fest, even though there are year round bike thefts. They need to exempt vintage bikes from trivial penalties and fines and encourage restoration efforts. Were are Green members of society, are we not? Sorry for the mini rant, but it pains me to see vintage bikes and cars go to waste, because of beaurocratic paper work.
                GSRick
                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Engine Transplants

Was in shop after work stuffing in a new 1500 engine in a chassis, removing a 1428 from another chassis and trying to get it into another chassis. If by yourself its heavy lifting, Aint getting any younger either ha ha ,260 pounds is 260 pounds (what engine weighs I think) Also fiddling with nbaking soda blast cabinet and another engine for a friend, Thats about it for a Monday rainy Night in Ontario Canada

Comment

Last night I couldn't sleep so I went out in the garage and dug out the hole saw and drill. I had a nice mounted LED tail light when I went to bed at midnight .

I'll post a pic when I get home.

Oh and I finally bought my ball hone and cylinder brush set up. Maybe soon I can finally get the engine back together.
                    Last edited by Guest; 03-12-2013, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Lossa LED tail light , small and DOT approved too.

Comment

Quick one last night, been away for almost a week so quickly put in the 8 size up main jets again ready to ride tomorrow morning and see how that goes. That means back to 137.5's up from the stock 117.5's.
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Got the new valve shims from Z1 installed. Right, let's fire her up!

Running on 3! #2's out.....frack!
                          Sparking fine.
                          Whipped the bowl off - there's gas in there.....and a dead spider......How the hell did you get in there and who did you bring with you?
                          -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Stripped OEM paint off the tank today, or at least a lot of it. More tomorrow, then I have to figure out how to strip the paint off the plastic sidecovers without damaging them.

Comment

1978 GS1000 retro-mod Skunk. Installed a Honda VTR1000f front end, CBR900RR front wheel, in the process of installing a CBR600f3 rear wheel and rear brake. Still a long way to go....

Comment

Originally posted by ohiocaferacer View Post
                                1978 GS1000 retro-mod Skunk. Installed a Honda VTR1000f front end, CBR900RR front wheel, in the process of installing a CBR600f3 rear wheel and rear brake. Still a long way to go....

That skunks so nasty I can smell it all the way down here. Mind sharing a shot of the front of the fairing. Love the solo seat also, where did you get that from? The honda front end is a direct bolt on?
                                GSRick
                                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Working...
                                X