X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A '71 Dodge Charger?
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
      A '71 Dodge Charger?
      Oh to dream.....Or a Suzuki GT maybe.....
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

gsx katana 750

Working on this for a friend installed dynojet kit and k&n filters
        sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
        1994 gsxr1100w
        1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

This style frame makes for easy needle changes but the 10 fairing screws you have to take out to get tank off kinda negates that.
          1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Had the katana all done yesterday call the guy and he said can you repaint the header too. So another day of work. Reinstall tomorrow and heat cure the paint.
            1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

hows it going neighbor? Lets ride !

Comment

Replaced the stator. Boy, was getting some of the screws off hard. Was afraid I would strip the heads, but multiple application of Liquid Wrench and impact driver made the day. Changed oil and filter at the same time.

Comment

Hey Red good to hear from you. I'm off on Fridays usually the best day for me to ride.
                  1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Header painting finished. 4 coats of vht flame proof primer then 6 coats of black vht. Tomorrow put it back on and cure it.
                    1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

I installed a Vista Cruise Control on the bike yesterday as I will have to slab it down to Kentucky on Friday night when the family and I go to Lexington for a horse show. As I hate riding on the interstate, I wanted something to take some of the stress away. Anyway, I installed it per the instructions but couldn't get it to work properly as the bike would slow down after engaging it without regard to how tight the band was set.

Today, Steve found a suitable fix by epoxying the throttle tube to the grip because we believe the grip's movement caused the Vista to slip. It's working properly now.
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Assbiscuits and robbery - looks like a knackered crank bearing on #1 cylinder. I'll pull plugs and determine exactly what pot it is, but the blowing exhaust was masking the sound of the clunk and when that was quietened down the rattle became more obvious.
                        I've read all the threads about the starter clutch and the clutch hub nut, and I'd be surprised if it's either of those. Blowerbike hit it on the head, I think, when he listened to another one and said it's more serious than that.
                        I was living in hope (and a bit of denial) because I already knew these engines sound terminal with a bad cyl head exhaust blow, but this is more.
                        ---- Dave
                        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Rode down to Keiser to GSJohny's place and did a little tuning on the carbs, checked compression, then checked charging.....toast stator and rr. Rode home he followed and sent him packing with a new stator/rr/turn signals and headlight.

V
                          Gustov
                          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                          81 GS 1000 G
                          79 GS 850 G
                          81 GS 850 L
                          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                          80 GS 550 L
                          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                          2002 Honda 919
                          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Small stuff. Removed the speedo and tach cables to try and solve the bouncing needles. Cleaned out the housings with break cleaner and WD-40. Lubed the housings and cable with lithium grease and reinstalled. I hope this takes care of the bounce. If not I'll have to remove the speedo and tach and see what I can do.

Cheers!
                            K

Comment

86 Honda Shadow VT500

None of my 4 spark plug sockets were 18 mm, so had to get one.
                              And that not work, was to thick of sidewall for what little clearance there was around the spark plug. Had multi-day adventure at various part stores and even Harbor Fright. Did find deep well socket at Menards that looked like thiner sidewall (but not specified as such), and that worked.

Next step was to remove the 4 valve clearance adjusmnet covers, 8mm bolt heads with awkward access. Was what looked like an air breather tube in the way, so thought I would remove that, and had coolant flowing all over -DOAH!
                              THen rounded off 2 of the bolts. But then took off more stuff than the manual suggested to get some some better access. Cut slots in them with hacksaw blade. THen used hammer impact to get out the bolts.

Got the inspection covers off
                              TO find like this (two intake valves operated by one cam/rocker)

With a box end wrench with offset can operate the lock nut, but not finding anything to operate that square part of the adjustment. Supose could use cressent wrench, but would rather have a socket.
                              THink I can find anything like that at tool store..?
                              Measures 4mm with caliper.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Dave, drill a hole in a piece of metal and square up the hole with a needle file. I used a paint can opener which I had flattened the end on to make the one for a job I did a few years back.
                                I'll take a picture of it in the morning.
                                De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Working...
                                X