No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Readjusted my cartridge emulators on the 78' 1000 from Mikes XS (went down to 2 turns out instead of 3) and put in new fork oil (went down to 10W from 15W), will be interesting to see the difference since I changed out the rear suspension from those Marzocchi's to a set of Ikons. Also swapped out a leaking petcock on the 80' 1000G for a good one and put a Pingle on the 78' 1000 that was graciously donated by Robert in Toronto.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

found the source of a compression leak on an old Briggs and Stratton Sprint lawnmower motor. A little threebond to fill a score mark, retorqued the head bolts, and compression jumped from 50 to 70psi. Enough to run for now at least. New head gasket to come.

My landlord will appreciate my ability to cut the lawn again.
      '83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Installed a set of Accel 140403 coils onto my 550ES.
        Definitely a big improvement over my stock coils, top speed bumped up a bit since the fuel/air needed to be tweaked a bit heavier on the fuel side of things to keep her from running lean.
        I am geared for acceleration, not top end, and I still saw a 30 kph top speed increase over the old coils and mix ratio.

Very pleased indeed. Highly recommended, but they are a bear to install because of the fact they do not line up with the stock mounting holes...

Comment

Cleaned the carbs on our Suzuki PW50 and Yamaha TTR125. Fixed a flat on my lawn tractor's trailer and got my "Craftsman" weed-eater running again, used to be a Craftsman fan but not anymore.

V
          Gustov
          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
          81 GS 1000 G
          79 GS 850 G
          81 GS 850 L
          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
          80 GS 550 L
          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
          2002 Honda 919
          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Have an oil leak behind my points plate...right hand oil seal I believe...the search begins.

Comment

Paint them helmets

So I had a couple helmets in Dork White. Decided to just paint them myself.
              The open face helmet is a Simpson that's been collecting dust since I stopped racing cars. I have Bell bubble visor ordered for that, waitin'.

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

They look pretty cool. I am a fan of solid white lids though, just because almost no one wears them.
                I want my next to be hi viz yellow.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Started building a paintball tank with the grand kids.

V
                  Gustov
                  80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                  81 GS 1000 G
                  79 GS 850 G
                  81 GS 850 L
                  83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                  80 GS 550 L
                  86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                  2002 Honda 919
                  2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Got a couple of insulting slabs up on the back wall, will finish that bit tomorrow and clad it with drywall/ gypsum / slab/ plasterboard (wherever you're from you all call it different things).
                    ---- Dave
                    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Turned new Delrin choke spools in black and made Aluminum End plugs for the Carbs...just some detail work..

1977 GS 750 "Black Betty"

Comment

Pulled the half moons in the hope of curing the oil leaks. Tried hard not to look at the front of the block too close. Made it better but looks like top is coming off. Please let no gaskets be available until the winter.
                        Went to the local shop to dig for advice. Got brought round the back to see the owner's CBX, couple of CB900, RG250 or two as well and and and. The CBX was rebuilt from crank shell up and looks great as do all their bikes.
                        They nearly always use Athena sets with no issues. Go figure ?
                        97 R1100R
                        Previous
                        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

The delin looks great jc8865!
                          I love turning delrin, so smooth to work with, and sandpaper makes it super smooth, like it was molded instead of turned.
                          Very snazzy indeed!

Installed a new clutch bearing on a buddy's 8hp go kart, making a chain cover today for it.
                          Attached Files

Comment

My bike is going to paint this week. Started on tank and found this nice l2015-06-28 14.17.35.jpgittle gem

Comment

Originally posted by jeffgs View Post
                              My bike is going to paint this week. Started on tank and found this nice l[ATTACH=CONFIG]40635[/ATTACH]ittle gem
                              Wow my phone is useless for loading pics

Comment

I bought an American truck, (probably more Mexican) a Ford F150 1989 Custom.
                                It's 2WD with a limited slip diff, 302 cubic inch fuel injected and I'm the third owner. The 2nd owner just bumped after buying from a country dude, and it's in good condition for it's age. Faults, poor paint work, heavy Australian made steel tray, one of the dual petrol tanks isn't connected, horn doesn't work (watch for finger).
                                The good points are it has good resale value here in Western Australia, good solid motor and g/box, chrome mag wheels and new tyres, Kenwood sound system and Bluetooth, body doesn't have any visible rust except for the minor paint marks.
                                I've ordered a moulded carpet set from Sydney, and just had the seat redone, new cloth, new foam underneath. So tonight I serviced the seat tracks, put new springs on the slides, and replaced the cable. Gave it a buff and repaint.
                                Picture of the bottom half of the seat.

and the new springs, tested and works fine. Paint will take overnight to dry, it's winter.

Comment

Working...
                                X