what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whoa

nice to have a front tire with a round profile again.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I seen the vale stems are really dirty I am running at 645 meters or 2120 feet above sea level "lots of carbon build-up", I am going to get new Viton seals for the stem, if that doesn't work then bronze guides I appreciate the help very much and will probably do both if I have time before the next race again thanks for the help ..
      Originally posted by Grimly View Post
      Possibly a bad valve stem seal or worn valve guide on #2 exhaust, but the amount of oil in the top end is largely unaffected by an overfilled bottom, so <shrug>. Might be the valve stem seal softened up a bit after being run for a while.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

And a quick mock up.
          Attached Files

Comment

After re-wiring my rear turn signals a couple of nights ago, I replaced the o-ring and gasket to the oil pressure switch to fix the oil leak from it. Then an oil change and valve adjustment plus a cylinder head bolt replacement finished the day today. I'll do a carb sync tomorrow
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

The radiator fan on my ex's YFM660FP had been coming on a little more than I cared for so last night I pulled the thermostat out and tested it. It started opening right where it was supposed to; 52° C.

Tonight I pulled the rad and found the cooling fins about 60% plugged with dust, chafe and what not. Right now it's soaking in the utility tub filled a quarter way with warm water and simple green. Hopefully I can get the crud loosened up and flushed away by swishing it up and down over the next couple of days. If not, then a trip to the rad shop or finding a replacement will be in order.

The reddish colour specks you see it the photograph is the light shining through when held up to a light.

She's only slightly plugged up.
              De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Had a 2001 Road Star that came in for CPR. It was covered in spider webs. Only photos I took were of the carb.

Look at my fingers and you can see how nasty this bike is.
                Last edited by gsrick; 07-30-2015, 11:27 PM.
                GSRick
                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

That wasn't nearly as bad as the 2007 3010 Mule thaT I'm also bringing back to life. It came in Tuesday. This looks more like what you'd see in a dried up master cylinder than a carb.

The main jets are hiding down in the holes.

It lives. I'm going through all the fluids while we wait for a new fuel pump to show up.
                  GSRick
                  No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                  Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

That is nasty, Rick.
                    You have to wonder what sort of other crap besides ethanol is in gasoline.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Got fed up with cordless drills scattered around, so made a place for them.
                      DSC_0004 in gimp.jpg
                      ---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Found a tin of old methylene chloride paint remover (the new stuff is absolute garbage) which made quick work of removing the manky old red paint from the spare front GS wheel. I'll finish up tomorrow, prime it, paint, new bearings, discs and tyre on and ready for use.
                        ---- Dave
                        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Put new shift cables on my Fiero GT, did a little new wiring on the CaliforniaII Guzzi, and rode a ways on the GS850 when my son came out on his Beemer.

Comment

Gave my chain some love in the form of cleaning. What a forsaken mess it was.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                              Put new shift cables on my Fiero GT, did a little new wiring on the CaliforniaII Guzzi, and rode a ways on the GS850 when my son came out on his Beemer.
                              Ive come to appreciate Fieros. There are 2 in my town. One is respectable, the other is really nice.

Way back when I was in middle school, an absolute bombshell of a teacher in my school drove a white one...
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Started back into the Jeep's engine after not having touched it for over a year. I need to pull the pistons out of the block but got stuck on how to take some measurements of the connecting rod end play. I figured it out and will try again tomorrow.
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X