No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have not 'turned a wrench' on it yet, but it's the next one in line in my shop:

Sprayed on some Simple Green, waited a few minutes then hosed it off:

That is a '78 Honda Twinstar 185. Overall, not too bad of condition, last registration expired in 2009. Can't do anything to start testing until I get a battery, as it's a 6-volt system. Will have to do the usual carbs, valves, electrical thing, then change the tires and check the brakes. After that, it will be ready for winter storage.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Geez Steve that's got to be the biggest transformation with a hose I've ever seen. Maybe don't over fill that rear box, it'll flip the bike
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by Ric View Post
        I finally had a day off, so I put the pods on and rejetted the carb. What yall think?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42686[/ATTACH]

By the way, she runs richer than ten feet up a bull's @$$ now! Thinking I raised the needle too high, gonna put another fiber washer on it and see what that does. Maybe drop to a 125 main?

At least it's not running too lean anymore. :P
        Ingenious! I wonder if that would screw with your jetting a bit???

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
        Swapped in a mo-biggah engine, with a clearance issue.

750 out:

1127 in:
        Nice Bill... Curious, whats wrong with the 750 engine??? Any plans for it?? I know someone that maybe interested ... But Michigan is a long drive...
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Have not 'turned a wrench' on it yet, but it's the next one in line in my shop:

That is a '78 Honda Twinstar 185. Overall, not too bad of condition, last registration expired in 2009. Can't do anything to start testing until I get a battery, as it's a 6-volt system. Will have to do the usual carbs, valves, electrical thing, then change the tires and check the brakes. After that, it will be ready for winter storage.

HA! NIce job... I had one of those little duffers, I think Mine was a 180. Single carb and it's just as inexpensive to buy a replacement carb and run it. LOL I used to LOVE running it flat out on the back roads of Vermont. LOL No worries the thing never broke 55mph. Kinda makes me wish I had a TU250X though! Definitely fun running a flow bike fast then a fast bike slow .
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Mounted the engine, got the header back on, turbo back on mostly. Tomorrow is clutch pack, super hub, maybe chain. I only have an hour or two in the morning. Wednesday should be stator, Thursday is dyna s ignition/coils.
            1981 GS 1100e turbo, 83 motor, turbo pistons, new head, new turbo, backed and welded clutch basket, Dyna S ignition, cbr 929 front end, gsxr 750 rear end with 190 tire, all carbon fiber covered bodywork.

Comment

Drain the carb and tank on the GS1000S for the winter.

Wash the 916. Fill the tank, add Stabil, run for 5 minutes, change the oil and filter = ready for winter.

Fill the tank, add Stabil, run for 5 minutes, drain the oil and pull the filter to get it ready for winter and to modify the clutch http://www.riderforums.com/3rd-gen-z...h-upgrade.html

Comment

Hub in, clutch in, chain on. Tomorrow is stator and covers.
                1981 GS 1100e turbo, 83 motor, turbo pistons, new head, new turbo, backed and welded clutch basket, Dyna S ignition, cbr 929 front end, gsxr 750 rear end with 190 tire, all carbon fiber covered bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by turbojonn View Post
                  Hub in, clutch in, chain on. Tomorrow is stator and covers.
                  PICS??? I sure would like to see what your doing!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Its UGLY right now. Tools and oarts everywhere, wiring looks like it done with c4. I'll broom up and take some pics. Today got cut short by non mathching up wiring.

Comment

I cant figureout the pics. My phone wont upload.

Comment

Holy s. The wiring bundle from the 83 motor doesnt match up to the wiring in the bike. This might take a while. Thank God for this site.

Comment

I got the rear sets on, sprocket cover, clutch and throttle cables on. I put in a new clutch cable just for good measure. Its actually starting to feel like a bike when I sit on it now.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Howdy John. You know how we at The GSR love pics and we`d love to see your work so here`s a link to help you get those pics up.

Mike

[I]http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...t_pictures.pdf
                                Originally posted by turbojonn;2239610[/I
                                ]I cant figureout the pics. My phone wont upload.
                                sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
                                1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Working...
                                X