No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! We will certainly have different visions. I absolutely love the patina and faint remnants of the original decals some of which appear to be screen printed on. My plan all along was to go thru the mechanicals, clean, paint, and detail the chassis, replace the tires and have the seat redone and leave the body as is. It may end up blue....

Those things that look like shocks have, according to some info found online, simple rubber slugs in them to absorb some shock. They dont. I was thinking of maybe looking into some sort of small shocks to put there, maybe mountain bike shocks or something. I'm thinking that since 2 are needed on each end, maybe they will hold the weight. It's fairly light. I haven't really looked into it yet. I've been dragging my feet for years about getting a title. It was originally purchased by a gentleman in the Virgin Islands then sent to the states to his son. It still has a '65 Virgin Islands license plate.

The video is from several years ago... God I sound like such a dork.
    Last edited by dorkburger; 02-20-2017, 05:09 PM.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

LOL, that thing needs a Ichiban "Badass" stamp!
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
        LOL, that thing needs a Ichiban "Badass" stamp!
        I agree! I'm with you on the patina as well.
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Sheesh, between yesterday's 2 short rides and working on the bike, I noticed last night that I lost the pictured screw cover... Again. I think this is #3. I bought an extra last time...
          20170220_152435.jpg
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I looked at my GS850 and then started it today(fired right up and purred for 15 minutes while I pretended to ride it) for a winter checkup, as I gazed upon the ice and snow outside my garage.

Comment

Put rear brake pads on my 2011 Nissan Altima yesterday. Much easier than I expected.
              Current Bikes:
              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

oil cooler.jpg

Put an 1150 oil cooler on the '81 1100 this past weekend. Much cleaner look.

Comment

20170205_101914.jpg

This was what was on it.

Comment

Got my Hagon's today... yay.... a whole 15 minutes to install... raining like cats and dogs... ugh. anyone need some OEM shocks for a 450?

Last edited by Guest; 02-22-2017, 05:10 PM.

Comment

I got the starter out, and am waiting on its replacement. It's a tight spot alright!
                      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Replaced the clutch plates on the 850 with new ebay OEM ones. Thickness was good but started slipping badly at 6000. Suspect previous gas in the oil was a factor. Hit the steels with the DA with 40 grit, 4 HD springs 2 stockers (up from 3 previously). Also painted the collars, clamps, and cover for the OEM black exhaust going on the '83. Got a new baffle and diffuser rings for my stainless Supertrapp, going on the 1260 which I scored a lockup clutch for. Also rounding up parts for the Frankenbike, it has to go. If anyone wants an 1100e for around $1k let me know....
                        sigpic
                        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                        1983 GS1100e
                        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                        1980 GS1260
                        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Work on the new tail and seat is progressing... slowly... but its getting there. Pan/hump is practically complete, just needs paint. Started working on the base for the seat. I had an old street sign that I had picked up at a flea market some time back, cut it and bent it to shape. Just need one more cut to get it fully shaped, then its time for padding and upholstery.

Comment

Replaced the rear rotor on my m109r. Tambourine not bueno

Comment

"jetting" the TUX. Good 100 mile ride, ran great but MPG was a bit low, tweaked a bit to get a little better economy during cruising speeds. What a Fricken' awesome little blaster!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Gotta replace the primary chain inside the KZ engine so may as well inspect an rebuild it from ground up....

MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X