• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
    That's it!? One picture? We want more!
    very nice looking 900 custom.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
      That's it!? One picture? We want more!
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Gee whiz, Dave. Only 300hp?
        What will it be after the sensors get sorted?
        Will you get to ride it?
        Do you want to ride?
        It peaks at 560rwhp...

I let the owner do the test ride to make sure all was well. I'd be excited to sample the power but that 330 rear tire scares me to death.
        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
          very nice looking 900 custom.
          Thanks! That was my first "baby", but the GS850G is coming along nicely also.

Comment

Got my 76' DT400 assembled...went from parts in a van.....

to an assembled piece of history

Nice to have both the DT and the GS at home. Now just gotta register the DT and get on the trails. Soo excited for this season.
            Last edited by Pb9717; 05-14-2017, 03:52 PM.
            PB
            Central Jersey
            82' Suzuki GS750T

"Old school is the best school"

Comment

Nice job Pete. 2 strokes sound soooo cool.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                Nice job Pete. 2 strokes sound soooo cool.
                go Blue smoke!!!
                PB
                Central Jersey
                82' Suzuki GS750T

Comment

I started this project titled, something to do in my retirement. So here we go, started to strip the Thunderbird today, removed starter alternator and clutch also various side cases. Picture shows just prior to lowering onto bench. I found one glitch, the suspension linkage is mounted to the fear of the engine so had to support the frame with stands. Next will be the big strip !.

URL=http://s86.photobucket.com/user/dennismarkharland/media/20170515_091406_zpsxndyqpdh.jpg.html][/URL]
                  My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Nice bike, Pete! I need something like that! There are so many spots here in Jackson where I could have lots of fun with something like that!

Comment

God damn header bolts

20170511_183904 by Rob Ert, on Flickr

One stripped so that was an easy fix by just tapping it again and going a deeper but another one busted of in the head...... I'm leaving for a trip in 3 weeks so there no way I was pulling the head. Drilled what I could and tapped it with a 6mm. Everything is back together and holding but I need to take it for some good runs to make sure it will hold. One good thing, I finally got around to fixing the leaking tach seal.
                      Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

^^ I call that a Huge Success after reading some threads!!
                        I am looking at my 400 and thinking "Can I get the head out of frame without taking headers off?" This is one of those jobs I'd pay for if I could getthe whole thing out and take it somewhere.
                        Faint hope... I may soon be learning how to snap mine off....needed the "Ride of Shame" on the way back from town....

(forty pounds of flour aboard and it started to rain..sigh). Apparently a continuing complication of the "Mystery CamCover Hole"- (http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...45#post2394745) the camchain took a leap again and bike coasted to a stop. I've retimed the cams, double checked the chain-tensioner, and even found a chewed-up tappet adjuster locknut in sump! Still wondering about that, seeing as the bike has a full set where they should be-how could bike run for three years until now? Anyways bike runs again but ...
                        Last edited by Gorminrider; 05-15-2017, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I stripped my Thunderbird engine to get at the starter clutch. When I eventually got to the sprag and opened it up I found the spring was broken, so that's why it would not crank on the starter. This job is all good fun !!.

My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Finished with the steerring neck bearing replacements.

Got the parts for the forktube rebuild.
                            Finished that, and got the fork tubes back in place.
                            THen found these on my bench. Doooaaaahhhh

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Well the DT400 ain't cooperating upon first few test runs....bogging down on acceleration, Then after warm up accelerated fine , then poof.....engine stalled and wouldn't start again. I thought these 2 strokes were simple? Carb was cleaned before initial startup, tank is nice n shiny inside, all fluids goin where they need to go, Proper amount O' smoke indicating oiler system is functioning properly...My GS appears WAY more reliable so far, and believe it or not, easier to wrench. Tomorrow will go thru the standard spark/Fuel/air/compression checks, if nothing found, and it starts again, then the real troubleshooting begins...well, at least its pretty, so Like a hot chick that's hard to deal with, I will press on...

But yea...she is pretty
                              PB
                              Central Jersey
                              82' Suzuki GS750T

Comment

Put a trailer hitch on my Passat to haul the bike to the dragstrip. Hitch install was no problem, then I find out there is one light bulb on each side that is PWM controlled by the computer so that one bulb does tail, brake, and turn signal. Not going to hook up a trailer plug to that. So the appropriate $55 converter box will be here tomorrow from Amazon one-day and I will try again. Race is Wednesday, bike is too lean, jets that were supposed to be here last Wednesday are not. Who has time for work?

I have to say the Wide band Lambda controller may be the single best tool I have ever bought. No more chasing your tail
                                sigpic
                                09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                                1983 GS1100e
                                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                                1980 GS1260
                                Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Working...
                                X