Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Went okay so far.
    Allen bolt on bottom of fork put up something of a fight, but got past that.

NOw the snag is that the old seals are putting up a fight.
    Picture to show that, yes, did get out the retaining clip.

Prying and poking not doing much so far.

Tis the season!
    I just got my Trophy back together after replacing the fork springs and fork oil. Happily, the seals were in good shape.
    Also changed the engine oil, and replaced both headlight bulbs, after one burnt out.

Ready for a test ride...

But the weather isn't cooperating...

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      Tis the season! .....
      Is past the season to be working on bike, in my opinion. But was busy at work, so I put this off.

Great pics of nice bike, Bob.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Prying and poking not doing much so far.

Just had to get a bit less carefull and a bit more aggressive., qnd then got it out a little at a time.

And something else that helped, since I dont have a big vice: I drilled two holes in work bench the right distance apart so the studs on bottom of the fork tube fit in... this kinda held the fork tube upright so that made it such that did not have to have one hand holding the tube all the time.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Now starting on next adventure

Will be posting in tech section about this.
          THis work on hold for a while.

SOmehow since it is our 40th anniversary... seems that there are other things I should be doing.

Bye "our", I mean wife and I.

Comment

Happy Anniversary Mr Redman & Mrs Redman!

Hey Redman,

I'll be rebuilding my forks soon...taking the plunge once I get my butt in gear!

I've been busy painting window shudders and the front door to match the shudders. That lead to changing the door handle/dead bolt. Next is the outside lights; two in front of the garage door, two at the front door, and one at the sliding door leading to our deck/back yard.

Plus, I have a trip to LA to visit family for my bday in June...for a much needed week-long vacation with my wife.

I'll be looking for your rebuild in the tech section for reference.

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Just finished replacing brake pads all around, installed two new tires, replaced both sprockets and chain, oil change and filter, new spark plugs, air cleaner, flushed hydraulics (clutch and brakes), replaced clutch fibers, and adjusted valves and replaced valve cover gasket. Should be good for a while now. heh
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

^ Wow that's a productive Saturday!

I'm working on installing a new endless cam chain. Did a lot of cleaning on the head today. Ready to do a final rinse and reassemble the head. Still need to remove the jugs, do a final cleaning, and hone the bores. My flex hone should arrive on Tuesday!
                Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
                2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
                1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Our Mastercool evaporative cooler came out of hybernation today. Tis the season for swamp coolers, 87° yesterday! Also installed a couple of updux vents. Typically we'd leave windows open as a swamp cooler pressurizes the house. These ceiling ducts eliminate the need for opened windows and blow cooler air into the crawl space which in turn helps keep the house cool.

Oh, topped off the engine oil on the bike too! Seems to use a bit on longer rides, hmmmmm!
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Installed a custom solo bag for my M109r last night and removed what i'm suspecting is a bad cobra fi2000 from the 9 and installed some passenger floorboards

Comment

Started adding a swingset to my daughter's playhouse. Using hardware from my neighbor's old set.

Comment

WHAT I was working on (a 650L) doesn't matter. The important part was my helper.

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

A future GSer.
                          I seem to get dirty as soon as i walk into the garage, how did you keep your helper so clean? haha.
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Knocked the annual service on the Connie out and fixed the fog lights. She's 100% ready to go for huge miles for 2017!

Since Harley-Davidson told me I should not ride the bike past 1000 miles and strongly recommends at least changing the oil for the 1000 mile mark I did a cheap oil change to hold me over till my 1000 mile service. I scheduled it a month out (closest opening) after buying the bike this April. 1500 miles in 2 weeks... The oil looked like silver glitter paint when it came out. Now it runs like a champion!

It was nice to detract my mind from the House buying... What a mental and physical drain... Can't wait till we close!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Let's see, Jen and I put a new clutch pack in her Yamaha TW 200 with some HD springs, it has a way better clutch now lol. New chain and sprockets are next.
                              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                                Since Harley-Davidson told me I should not ride the bike past 1000 miles and strongly recommends at least changing the oil for the 1000 mile mark I did a cheap oil change to hold me over till my 1000 mile service. I scheduled it a month out (closest opening) after buying the bike this April. 1500 miles in 2 weeks...

The oil looked like silver glitter paint when it came out. Now it runs like a champion!

It was nice to detract my mind from the House buying... What a mental and physical drain... Can't wait till we close!
                                Wow! I would be damn uncomfortable seeing my oil look like silver glitter even with a new bike.
                                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X