X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
    Swapping engines in my Honda.
    These pigs weigh in the 220 lbs. range.

Cool, a CBX with a single sided swing arm. Yummy.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

An old story but when the ex-wife moved her stuff out i just left the loading ramp in the same spot and moved the bikes in. lol.
      Besides, there is no heat in the garage and soon enough it will look like this.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Getting ready for the multi-material upgrade

The multi-material upgrade is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, including some upgraded parts for the extruder itself. Once this is up and running, I should be able to automatically select from up to 5 different filaments, including a water-soluble support material I'm excited to try. I'm tired of being limited by print support issues.

I'll have to figure out later how to integrate it into the heated chamber (needed for ABS or polycarbonate prints of any decent size).
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Got a snowblower on long term loan from my father in law. He can't handle it anymore, and despite my repeated offering to do their place, he is hiring a service. My wife asked him if we can use it.
          It's still new enough to have all of the shiny paint on the augers, etc, but it's seen little use in the last couple years. The gas tank was dry and funky smelling, it leaked oil and had a leaky tire. I figured I'd be ahead of the game by giving it a going over now.
          He carb had bad gas, but thankfully no crud, and the oil leak was from a loose nipple for the drain extension.
          The tire was leaking from the bead which was rusty. I popped the beads, sanded and painted them.
          After reseating the tire it had a tiny leak. A couple of well placed hits to the tire with a hammer seems to have sealed it.

Is started and ran good. Then I took off the gas cap to top it off and placed it on the nearest convenient flat surface, which happened to be the muffler and melted it. Nice..... it's still useable....
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Eat some shrooms, drink some ale, WHAT HAPPEND???

LOL how did this happen????
            Looks like I wanna do a valve job, plus some port and polish…

Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 11-18-2018, 08:03 PM.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Had to remove the power steering pump bracket from the van last week. It broke in half across the bolt holes because the previous owner never tightened the rear (hidden)bolt down.

Also, got the Bandit running great, though it has a head gasket leak that will need tending to (gonna swap on an earlier GSXR 750 head for some extra ponies when I do that job (if I can locate the proper head). Sadly, with all the starting and idling, the battery ran down, so today, when I went to take it to work, it was a slow crank to nada. It's on the trickle charger.
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

I just finished this piece.

V
                Gustov
                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                81 GS 1000 G
                79 GS 850 G
                81 GS 850 L
                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                80 GS 550 L
                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                2002 Honda 919
                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Steadily cleaning,

Engine stripped by Marvin Gunn, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                    I just finished this piece.

V
                    Gorgeous!!! Is that a replica or original? If a replica what culture is that from, Bronze age apparently.
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Port and Polish…

Working on gettin my track bike engine back to spec HP.

Comment

[QUOTE=Buffalo Bill;2515855]Gorgeous!!! Is that a replica or original? If a replica what culture is that from, Bronze age apparently.

Not a replica, a one off original in the Klinker helm style. It is mild steel, brass brow, bronze chain and leather. Could be bronze age on.

V
                        Gustov
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        80 GS 550 L
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Not motorcycle related but I have a side gig making/selling small leather items. Been busy getting ready for the holiday season. Here are some of my recent wallets:

1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                          1977 GS550
                          1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
                            Not motorcycle related but I have a side gig making/selling small leather items. Been busy getting ready for the holiday season. Here are some of my recent wallets:
                            Nice! I too make a few extra bucks with leather work. Been messing with leather off and on since '91. I love doing wallets but now most of my work is gun holsters
                            www.boriqualeather.com

Comment

New coils, condensor, ignition plate plugs and wires for the SuperHawk.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I rode one of these from Portland to Helena in a driving rain storm. Woke up to phenomena the next day.

V
                                Gustov
                                81 GS 1000 G
                                79 GS 850 G
                                81 GS 850 L
                                80 GS 550 L
                                2002 Honda 919
                                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment