what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    Right on my bro, that's exactly why I shoot pics of me on the bike whenever I make a change affecting my riding posture or have questions about it.
    Probably a good idea but it isn't kind of late once you've done major changes?

My lower back lets me know very quickly if what I've done is a good idea or not.
    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
      Today I made a better exhaust noise.

I assume that youtube clip is yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
        Bolted the head back on last Sunday, the Delkevic exhaust Thursday.
        Today I'm trying on new luggage.

good looking bike, nice faring too!

Comment

1100G_2020 winter project, running lean

Ok, it's running and I just did a 12 mile test ride.
          Needs carb tuning, the pipes got color real quick so it's running rather lean.
          I know what to do, I got the tules. Plus I have a set of next larger jets for the top end.
          IMO the Delkevic system is no louder then the OEM dual. However the can is right under your ear while riding, so it seems louder.
          Bummer, the sound kinda reminds me of a truck.
          Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 03-15-2020, 03:42 PM.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Should have left my clutch adjuster alone. Did not get to ride on this beautiful day because I tried to adjust my clutch before heading out. FML. I thought for sure that the threads in the housing were pooched. I found 8mm x 1.25 exhaust flange bolt than held well when I ran it in. I think I just need a new adjuster bolt. May as well get the locking collar while I’m at it.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Well, I put a new divertor valve on the Abarth....
              Got rid of the cheap Mopar plastic, on/off valve, and put on a nice machined linear valve.
              Now it doesn't lose boost during shifts.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                Should have left my clutch adjuster alone. Did not get to ride on this beautiful day because I tried to adjust my clutch before heading out. FML. I thought for sure that the threads in the housing were pooched. I found 8mm x 1.25 exhaust flange bolt than held well when I ran it in. I think I just need a new adjuster bolt. May as well get the locking collar while I’m at it.
                maybe think about a hydraulic clutch? I've considered getting one but the price holds me back. Maybe when mine gets like yours I'll consider it again.

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                  maybe think about a hydraulic clutch? I've considered getting one but the price holds me back. Maybe when mine gets like yours I'll consider it again.
                  Nah, not looking to upgrade at this time. I just found the adjuster bolt and locking nut on eBay for $10, free shipping. That’s about all I want to spend right now.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Bill, your bike is looking good as usual, and a quick turnaround on the head job. I just noticed the low mount front indicators. Nice.

Bob, I see that you couldn’t resist tinkering
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                      Well, I put a new divertor valve on the Abarth.....
                      Which is what? THree days after receiving the car (and one of those days was a day trip)?

And which of all them thar things in the picture is that?
                      (I think I see the turbo housing.)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Bought a Truck Lite LED headlight to upgrade my 82 550. From what I read here I needed a 7 inch headlight bucket and ears to fit the larger headlight. I took the old headlight out and was looking at the trim ring and started thinking, what if I ground out the inside of the trim ring, could I make it fit. I had nothing to lose so I reamed out the trim ring until the Truck Lite fit through it. The next problem was fitting the new light in the bucket and getting the trim ring on due to it being a tight, tight fit. As you can see I had some parts left over due to lack of space. Now to get the SH 775 installed and see if I can get the beam properly dialed in.

1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Originally posted by rkroby View Post
                          Bought a Truck Lite LED headlight to upgrade my 82 550. From what I read here I needed a 7 inch headlight bucket and ears to fit the larger headlight. I took the old headlight out and was looking at the trim ring and started thinking, what if I ground out the inside of the trim ring, could I make it fit. I had nothing to lose so I reamed out the trim ring until the Truck Lite fit through it. The next problem was fitting the new light in the bucket and getting the trim ring on due to it being a tight, tight fit. As you can see I had some parts left over due to lack of space. Now to get the SH 775 installed and see if I can get the beam properly dialed in.

That spring with the screw inside is what allows you to aim the headlight so as to not blind oncoming traffic. How will you take care of that now?
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Agreed with Cowboy on adjustment, and I hope it works out, because that does look great in the little L light bucket.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

That is my biggest fear that I might not be able to get the beam dialed in without that adjustment. When all said and done I may still have to get a 7 inch bucket and ears to make it right.
                              1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Originally posted by rkroby View Post
                                That is my biggest fear that I might not be able to get the beam dialed in without that adjustment. When all said and done I may still have to get a 7 inch bucket and ears to make it right.
                                Why can't you just loose the screws where the bucket mounts to the ears and adjust it, then retighten?
                                Current Bikes:
                                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
                                X