what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kng254 View Post
    Got my vibranator bar weights installed along with my D3 grips and finally pulled and painted the rear wheel.
    Let us know how the Vibranator weights work...I don't recall anyone trying them yet. I snagged a pair of black D-3s on ebay last year, and look forward to installing them too.
    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Yesterday i got to take the 77 750 for a ride..I had rejetted the carbs correctly, checked the valves and put some gasket sealer around the leaking rubber cam ends. It was a great ride.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Stripped my gas tank tonight for painting this weekend. See pictures in my Projects thread.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

A Bell 206L helicopter.

Comment

Scotchbrite on the fins.. night #3... hands are getting sore... at least they don't look like white chalk anymore

Comment

Did a little more work this weekend on the turbo GS
              Up pipe

Mounted

Comment

Painted rims with newly machined and drilled rotors and nice new Shinkos, just have to let the touch up paint dry and get them on the bike.

Comment

Finished the rebuild on the 1100E forks...
                  All back together now except for the exhaust which I am going to take to the ceramic coater Monday hopefully...
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Been workin on a Honda..

Comment

Joe..You dont say!!!!!!! Yeah i saw the parts layed put a while ago.. I think hes gonna do my cooley someday..
                      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                        Been workin on a Honda..
                        That bike, looks NEW!
                        Sweet!

Daniel

Comment

Worked on this a little today also..

Comment

Unfortunately didn't get to work on the bike at all today as I was moving a household.
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                              Worked on this a little today also..
                              You need to work on it more. I want to see it finished!

Comment

I got to crank my motor by hand... and see a spark on every revolution on both plugs

I don't know that it's solved yet, but it's definitely more spark than I've seen for, well... years...
                                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                                X