This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunrise?
    Uh. Nah. That's about 4 these days, and I'm jetlagged (the other way), so I'll skip that.

Comment

6:45am. Cool (60 DegF) and quite.
      View facing east
      Morning dew
      morning mist
      overlooking Half of the Grand River (the trees you see are on an island in the river) from Mercury Drive.
      THis is right next to the bridge to Potawatami Bayou. I was intending to go to that bridge but was a photograher there already. He was taking boring pictures of just the sunrize over the water.

and maybe 3 minutes later:

Well, it was quite, except for this

>> later note
      Man, I was expecting to see some sunrizes from other continents by now.
      Well, maybe will see some from other parts of westernhemishper today.

Then see what lurch says.

Last edited by Redman; 07-30-2011, 07:38 AM. Reason: add later note.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nice pic, Redman...

Man-o-man...you guys have this game rockin'...

What's the next tag?
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Excellent shots, Redman!
          Let's see if 2 other people can get a sunrise shot before moving to the next tag, as a special consideration for enjoying each morning, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
            Let's see if 2 other people can get a sunrise shot before moving to the next tag...

Comment

Just missed one, in Anchorage last night, the sun set in the Northwest for a little while just before midnight and came back up in the Northeast a few hours later. It never got very dark, just one long red sunset/sunrise. Cool stuff. Didn't have a bike with me or time to take a picture.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Didn't understand we needed more than one pic to keep the game moving or I would have pushed the bike out in the drive at sunup for a shot...

Weekend is starting...let's get this riding game moving with the next tag.

We can start a pretty picture photo thread if we need one....

Comment

I agree with Bob. It might be nice to have sunrises from other continents but I haven't seen too many Aussies or Brits playing with us yet so let's just move on.
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks CU...

Heading out now, tagless

Between the heat and rain, this is my first ride in over a week...
                    Want to get out before it gets hot....

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Well, it was quite, except for this

Hehe. Made me think of this:

(approx. translation: "Man, it's nice to take in the peace and quiet of the countryside")

Comment

new tag anyone??

Comment

Originally posted by ArtByScars View Post
                          new tag anyone??
                          Am awaiting Mr Lurch to "surrender the tag" as per the original rules as posted back in the first page or so (although that is not how the game has been proceeding in recent months).
                          Mr Lurch did specifically ask for a delay on this sunrize tag, and repeated his request again as recent as this morning.

And the original rules do allow the new tagger to take 48 hours to post the new tag scene, so if that were to occur there would be downtimes anyway.

I do have photo(s) ready and waiting to delcare the scene for the next tag. Will check back in a couple hours.

My observation is that the sun has risen in over 50 time zones since original sunrize tag was declared. Although, granted, many of those times zones dont have any motorcycles.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by gs road racer View Post
                            Someone starts the game by posting a picture with the bike posed somewhere specific....the first to post a CLEAR picture ( we just want the bike but it's ok if you're in there too just don't block the bike) gets to choose the next now some allowances have to be made for the size of our group and diversity of locations so say if you choose the next location as in front of city hall it can be any city hall...be creative and let's have some fun...since mine isn't running yet it's in the driveway!!That's where we all start a ride eh...What I'd like to choose as a start is a bike posed in front of a statue or in our case Victoria has this big bear downtown anything along those lines. Use your imagination but keep it generic so everyone can give it a whirl...Give you an extra reason to go ride...!!
                            I believe the "surrender" thing was only if the picture content was questionable...and Redman...your pic was defiantly a sunrise...

And nothing about changing the rules to get three pictures...

Weekend is a wasting...let's get some tags up...

Lurch can start a pretty sunrise thread if he wishes...
                            Last edited by Baatfam; 07-30-2011, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I have reread the rules. I will say that this point is unclear, and can be interpereted either way.
                              One place says the tagger post a picture that meets the tag and then post another picure making a new tag.
                              Another place says the original poster acknolodges the picture (and surenders the tag). BUt it doesnt specifically state the order these occure, or that the acknoldgment is to be given before the new tag is presented.

Seems that in recent months anyway (that I have been paying attention to it) that the new poster post the tag and new tag pretty much at same time.

I have pictures available and will pe posting in about half hour. No, insult ment to MR Lurch.

Dave.
                              Last edited by Redman; 07-30-2011, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Lurch complimented your shots, to me that's conceding the tag - post up or lose your chance... And no, under no circumstances are three shots EVER required for a tag - if you have extra, post them while other people are riding - I've done it.
                                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                                X