This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Runningdog View Post
    Key word is "relatively"......anyplace that a photo can be taken that does not have a building or road in it, and has vegetation....
    Temps in the 40's this morning on my "longer" commute and NH is 85% forested, so it's harder to find grassy areas without buildings, but here goes....still a few trees but a slope with vegetation. (I really just wanted a close up of my old GS! )

Comment

OK, what's the new tag?

Comment

nest tag

Keeping with scenery shots, a hilly scene with a radio tower or home in the distant background....if you're looking for Waldo, the radio tower is just above my luggage rack and the white house is at the far right.

Comment

OK, here's the radio transmitter tower:

And here's the next tag, a metal sculpture of some sort, found anywhere you can find it, and since it's art, it can be sculpture made of any type of metal, and of course, be almost anything. Allie, this should be right up your alley........

Just in case you have troubles spotting it, it's that moose up there in the trees..

Comment

Hey Dan, are you sure thats a moose . Looks like all your snow melted.
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
              Hey Dan, are you sure thats a moose . Looks like all your snow melted.
              I don't know anymore, could be a deer, it is deer season......

Comment

This is a bronze piece of art. It is called "Man with Megaphone"

Next tag: a ferry.

Comment

OK, you guys around the Mississippi River, or out in Washington State, y'all oughta be able to score the ferry tag.

Comment

And I'm out here without a bike. Wait, can I take a picture of one with a bike in front and claim it is mine?

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                      And I'm out here without a bike. Wait, can I take a picture of one with a bike in front and claim it is mine?

Tell FlamingChainsaws to loan you one that he's borrowed....

Comment

Oh man if I didn't have to work, that one would be easy.
                        Galveston is only forty miles away and they've got a few ferry's there.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

im near ferries, but no time to ride out to one haha. maybe later this weekend? =p

Comment

Ferries? Maybe tomorrow depending on which way we go. Will be back in SW and WC Wisconsin again! Two weeks in a row .

Comment

Ferries? Well, Broad Ripple is considered the artsie section of Indy...

Comment

Rode up to Muskegon.
                                Yep, happend to catch it when the ferry was docked in the harbor.

Its the bigger ship in background, behind the sailboats.
                                I suppose you cant really tell its a ferry, so thought I should see if I could get up closer.

Only had to go past/around two signs about "Blah blah Security Level" and one "do not enter".
                                Here can see it says "Lake Express". IS a cross Lake Michigan Ferry. From Muskegon to Millwalkee.

So this isnt a "pull-your-self-acrost-the-creek" ferry.
                                Is a twin hull cattermerran (or something like that) with water jet propulsion. Makes the 90 mile crossing in something like 2 1/2hours.

I Have been on-board once; at an open-house. Which may be only time I will ever be on it. Is an expensive way to avoid driving thru Chicago.

THis morning I got there as cars were driving out of it.
                                Sure saw a lot of Mercedes and Caddilacs and Audis and such. ANd then out came some Harleys.

(Although they are having a special this Sept & October. Motorcycles go for free. $95 per person one way.)

Here is a pic from thier website showing cars being loaded, as evidence of it being a car ferry.

SO on way back home, looking for something for the next tag.

MILITARY HELICOPTER ON DISPLAY.

THis one is a Vietnam Veterans Memorial, says U S Army.

I certaily meant no disrespect by riding right onto it (mostly I wanted to get to the sunny side.)

Except for deferment a couple years, and luck of the draw a couple years, I could have been a vietnam era draftee. (was 18 in 1970).

After running around takeing the pictures, I noticed the names on the various monuments. ....
                                I pushed bike out of there to the parking lot. ....

And walked back to look at the names some more.

>>>Later Note
                                Is a UH-1.
                                Number 958.
                                The local group of VVA that arranged for this found some of the actaull crew members.

Waymarking.com is a way to mark unique locations on the planet and give them a voice. While GPS technology allows us to pinpoint any location on the planet, mark the location, and share it with others, Waymarking is the toolset for categorizing and adding unique information for that location.

http://www.casperplatoon.com/War%20Memorial%20Story.htm

>>>>

Here is a listing of hundreds of military helicopters on static display.

Last edited by Redman; 10-09-2011, 04:52 PM. Reason: add later note.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X