Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't that a great looking picture? Man, I think she should ride more often.

Yep, Cheyenne and I went up to TKent's place today to get my bike back on the road. Although it started up, I couldn't ride it since we didn't realize (as in couldn't see it) I'd overfilled the oil. So while we tried to siphon some oil out, Tom let me ride his GS 700 while he gave Cheyenne a treat of her own (I'm not ready to do so yet ). Although a little nervous at first, she really loved it and even wants to go back tomorrow (can't but hey).

And to show how much fun Tkent02 (Tom Kent) had, here he is showing off his riding skills on the same log he took a picture of...hmmm, Rossi eat your heart out?

Last edited by cowboyup3371; 04-18-2011, 06:28 PM.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

OK...well, I mostly ride alone...and I don't see anyone I ride with doing any knee dragging anytime soon....so I'll catch the next one....

Too bad too...going to be a nice day around these parts. (Hopefully we will get back to places or objects soon....this adding extra people stuff is killing me)
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

What are the rules of this game/thread? Unique pics on bike rides?
        Does this count?

Comment

Lurch,
          When a member finds a tag, they take a picture of it and then call the next tag. All pictures must include your bike (or a loaner like I had to do yesterday).

The main point of this game is to make people get out and ride.
          Last edited by cowboyup3371; 04-18-2011, 06:28 PM.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
            What are the rules of this game/thread? Unique pics on bike rides?
            Does this count?

The rules are posted at the beginning of the thread. Basically you need to take a pic of your bike in the same frame as the last tag specified - in this case a GS Resources OTHER than yourself dragging a knee. You would then in the same thread post the NEW tag, which could be the photo you posted. Be sure and go read the rules before playing.

Half of the challenge of this game, playing it WELL, is framing the terms of your new tag. It requires a little thought to make it not too easy, yet not too hard for most members to find one. Truly sometimes they turn out to be deceptively easy or hard.

I hate to pick on tags, but this last one is a good example of one that is WAY too hard for most of the members, if not impossible. How many of us live close to, let alone know personally, a fellow GSR member? A small minority I'll wager, and a knee dragging member at that. I'd say that the majority of members were just locked out of this round by that tag.

Now the pic itself yields plenty of possibilities for a tag, you just need to be specific enough but not too specific about it. For example: 'A motorcyclist kneeling by his/her bike' would take a little patience but is certainly doable by all members who ride - especially if they catch a gathering spot on a nice weekend, it's a shoe-in. You could even make it a 'difficult' tag by specifying the rider MUST be wearing jacket and helmet. Still doable.

A worse tag would have been 'A fellow GSR member OTHER than yourself dragging a knee next to the subject of the last tag with two bikes behind him and a wooden fence running behind on the opposite side of the street'. Get the idea?
            "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371
              Allie, I don't think this will be that hard of a thread since I know there are a few in Illinois and California that talk alot about getting together. Plus we have some rallies coming up soon so it could happen.

I think the dragging knee part isn't necessarily tied to a bike. For instance, Tom was on the tree. Heck, it could be of someone riding a kids bicycle having fun or what have you.

Like we said to the rules, the point is to get out and ride and by saying you should get a pic of a member, it's a great way to meet those who might be living close by.
              There may be a few in IL and CA that talk a lot about getting together, which is fine for them but my point is that most of us don't know or live by anyone TO get together with. Yes the point IS to get people out riding, and for those of us not by a GSR member this tag doesn't do it. But whatev, I'll catch up in the next round.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Even though it may not violate the "official" rules, I am going to agree with Allie...
                (Although, I think you should have actually ridden to a new spot for the new tag...that was three tags of the same log without riding anywhere)

But hopefully someone will get us through this tag soon....

Then we can get back to the regular, normal tags....
                Last edited by Baatfam; 04-17-2011, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  Even though it may not violate the "official" rules, I am going to agree with Allie...
                  (Although, I think you should have actually ridden to a new spot for the new tag...that was three tags of the same log without riding anywhere)

But hopefully someone will get us through this tag soon....

Then we can get back to the regular, normal tags....
                  I'm not just picking on this tag, there has been more than one tag that was too specific IMO. I've even posted one or two, that's why I try to be flexible if they turn out too hard.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                    OK, I borrowed Cowboyup's wonderfful daughter Cheyenne and went tor a ride...

Next tag, a fallen log.
                    Are those Sporty mufflers on the 650? (I looked at the progress on my 650 thread)
                    They look great! Any sound clips?

Sorry for the

Daniel

Comment

Shall we backtrack to another fallen log? Those other pics were taken before the pic with the kid was posted, so it wasn't quite fair to everyone. We could backtrack one more but the loaner kid was deceptively difficult too.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                        I'm not just picking on this tag, there has been more than one tag that was too specific IMO. I've even posted one or two, that's why I try to be flexible if they turn out too hard.
                        Understood...and I agree....

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                          violate the "official" rules
                          The game officials will banish you forever !

Originally posted by cowboyup3371
                          Don't want to put this game out of reach of folks you know.
                          Got a camera self timer ? You, on a a log, Bike in the photo. Next.....
                          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

it's

snowing

AGAIN

i can't catch a break here.
                            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                            82 gs1100L probably the next project
                            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

NEVER break THE RULES!

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

You can't tell me no one has a fallen log. Or a chainsaw.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                                X