This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
    Oh...crap! I'm heading to central Oregon tomorrow. That picture is a good warning of what to expect. Pretty happy we are not going on the bikes this trip.

Thunder (and lightning) snow is awe inspiring...first time I remember seeing it was on the University of British Columbia campus, 1999 or possibly early in 2000. Freaky enough that it made me stop to think about what I might be seeing.
    I could feel it inside and all of our power flashed for a moment. I wonder if a transformer blew as well, I wouldn't be surprised.

I think its just eastern washington. I'm a bit away from Oregon.
    This weekend its supposed to hit 70 again. Silly weather. This is why I want a Ural. I'd still be able to get around.

Comment

That's not the next tag is it?? Your bike in a snowstorm??
      No signature

Comment

That would teach you guys for having nice weather!

Comment

I'm heading out into the bright sunshine right now after this cup of coffee to tag a train station that was built for the tourists in the 1800s. A narrow gauge steam railway station no less, no train to see though. According to the thermometer outside my window, it's 41 deg F.

Comment

OK, here's the tag, more picts to follow on edit. New tag will be in the following post.

This is Lake Hubert across the road.

Last edited by Guest; 04-05-2012, 12:07 PM. Reason: more pictures

Comment

New tag, continuing on with the train theme.....A rail yard/train repair/switching station, currently operating, or a relic like this one.

Don't believe the camera time. I forgot to set Daylight Savings Time on it, I didn't leave the house until after 8:30. If this tag is unobtanium, I do have a backup tag.

Comment

There is a switching yard in Sanford, but there is no big old building. I hope a whole bunch of tracks will do. Will this be acceptable? That is if no one beats me for the tag and the rain holds off.
                GSRick
                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Did you say rain, and Florida in the same sentence ? I thought you had anti rain bylaws ? Thanks for the multiple pics Dan. I like to see the areas around where our members live. Gives things a little context.
                  Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                    There is a switching yard in Sanford, but there is no big old building. I hope a whole bunch of tracks will do. Will this be acceptable? That is if no one beats me for the tag and the rain holds off.
                    Oh yeah, a switching yard/station is fine. Our Chicagoland members could really fill this tag easily......

Comment

I'm still sitting out. Ice has melted off the roads, but not in my parking lot. Plus we have a storm coming in soon and thunderstorms all day tomorrow.

Ugh. I really want to get out riding. I just got some of the worst news a homebrewer and beer snob like myself could get. I'm allergic to gluten. I can handle the diet change, but the hardest part will be giving up good quality beer.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                        Oh yeah, a switching yard/station is fine. Our Chicagoland members could really fill this tag easily......
                        No Chicagolanders seem to be riding so I guess I'll have to do.
                        Amtrack Auto Train rail yard and station.

Moon coming up and the sun as going down fast.
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Next tag, an old steel bridge. This one is a great lookout over the St. Johns River at Lake Monroe, Sanford, Fl.

Here is what replaced it.

GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Not exactly good riding weather around here (Back deck):

Eric

Comment

Getting even better!

Hail doesn't make for great riding conditions.Those are 2 X 6 boards.

Eric

Comment

I've been racking my brain trying to remember where there might be an old steel bridge still surviving. There was a real cool one east of me in Jacobson (almost 2 hours away), but they replaced that with a modern bridge several years ago. The Stillwater lift bridge comes to mind as does the lift bridge in Duluth. Both pretty long rides, can't take that much time off today. Maybe I'll think of one crossing the Mississippi further north up here, or one of the smaller rivers.

Comment

Working...
                                X