Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAIT, is a giant person different than a statue!???.. as in it's cast in metal, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by maro View Post
      WAIT, is a giant person different than a statue!???.. as in it's cast in metal, etc.
      Any material is fine...as long as it is GIANT...
      (Meaning not life sized, but bigger)
      The Statue of Liberty would be fine...Tops Big Boy, also fine...(do they still exist?)
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        Any material is fine...as long as it is GIANT...
        (Meaning not life sized, but bigger)
        The Statue of Liberty would be fine...Tops Big Boy, also fine...(do they still exist?)
        There’s an old John Prine album (maybe early ‘80s?) where he’s standing playing his guitar to a pile of old Big Boy statues……….I think……if memory serves……I’m old.
        "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Ohhh I got one in mind.... gotta wait till after work. !!

Comment

Damn !! I would hope if this were a custom furniture shop they could whittle up some arms for this poor guy.....No wonder hes got that expression on his face .
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Bob is for some reason riding up and down the east side of the river on 25... go slightly further north and there Al Capone's hideaway restaurant. A bit further north of there (just on the other side of I-90 is GATS guns, decent prices but the darkest shooting range I've ever been to. The skate park he photo'ed earlier is in Batavia due south of "the big guy"...

I lived in Aurora not far from there and used to take either 31(west side of the river) or 25 every day to Elgin. There's actually some nice bends out there and the small towns aren't too bad...

If you want to ruin your diet stop off in St. Charles on the west side of the river at the Blue Goose Supermarket and pick up a Caramel Apple Pie in a paper bag (get some ice cream too)...

Comment

Originally posted by skreemer View Post
                Bob is for some reason riding up and down the east side of the river on 25...
                The Moose lodge is on RT31...

My local ride is a loop between North Aurora and Elgin...using both 25 and 31...I pick it up at Fabyan parkway and just vary the direction...
                Usually takes me a little less than two hours...including a roundabout way home past Cantigny golf course were there is a couple of nice corners.
                I usually run it about once a week...just to get out.

There is not a lot of turns in these parts...so I take what I can get.

Comment

The Moose lodge is on RT31...

My local ride is a loop between North Aurora and Elgin...using both 25 and 31...I pick it up at Fabyan parkway and just vary the direction...
                  Usually takes me a little less than two hours...including a roundabout way home past Cantigny golf course were there is a couple of nice corners.
                  I usually run it about once a week...just to get out.

There is not a lot of turns in these parts...so I take what I can get.
                  That's not a bad route and I agree with you on the corners , or lack of out there.

Don't forget to get a pie.

Comment

Giant Man:

It's Wayne Gretzky and the statue isn't as big as I thought it was, but still he is a giant of a man.

New one; and it is probably impossible for most of you, so if you feel it is no good I have a backup.

Oil Derrick:

I suppose any petroleum related thing should count. Even an oil spill...?

Comment

A Refinery

A school of higher learning ( Vo Tech, College, University,...)

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

cool, we got a few of them out this way. Plan to visit my friend at one tomorrow.

Comment

Nothing for Garage and driveway so I can get back in ? lol
                          Hopefully I'll be back in the game soon

Comment

New Guy Claiming the Tag

To be fair it was easy to get the first tag. I simply took a picture of my school before night class.

To make things interesting I rode to Hoboken to capture this shot of NYC.
                            The new tag will be your bike and a Skyline

PS sorry about the links, i was in a hurry to get to class

Comment

Maybe it's just me but both links show the skyline shot, where's the school?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                                PS sorry about the links, i was in a hurry to get to class
                                It appears so...both links are the same skyline shot...

Comment

Working...
                                X