This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
    That hanger looks familiar. Pine River ? I installed some windows up there. The guys hanger Cat camped out between my truck radiator and fan. Yep....you know how that story ended........

Looks like we need to find a Piper Cub.
    You'll have to stop in next time you're up, I'm right down the road from it.

Comment

I love that farmhouse! Yes the plane is right up my Ally, hrm don't you think you could make it more specific? Must be parasol wing, fixed landing gear, ALL yellow lol
      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

I got the pictures for the next tag, here's a pond that has become a swamp over the years.

And, here's the next tag: a quonset hut, the more unusual, the better. This one's been here since the military abandoned it in the '40's and has had various shop occupations since then.

Last edited by Guest; 11-07-2010, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Damn ! Just back from the swamp...

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

and all those poor frozen mosquitoes......No Snow?? what's wrong out there? Gotta be getting cold!

Comment

Originally posted by gs road racer View Post
              No Snow?? what's wrong out there? Gotta be getting cold!
              Not even... well into the 60s today and for the next few days. Beautiful !
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Too bad, I beat ya to it! Now, find that quonset hut!

Comment

a quonset hut....

The royal theater was a segretation-era movie theater, and is now an arts academy, and recognized as a landmark in this areas revival. Haven't been down this road in years, made for a nice ride today. There aren't many Quonset huts in Pinellas county FL, this building is described as quonset hut "style", and does have an interesting history. Hopefully I didn't violate the spirit of the game.

and the new tag....

"park bench with a twist" (wakka wakka!)

tag must either be an "out of the ordinary" park bench, or, since this was in front of the Dali museum, I'll accept a tag with something in a Surrealist style.
                  Last edited by Guest; 11-08-2010, 06:14 PM. Reason: forgot first tags' description.

Comment

Originally posted by drejal View Post

and the new tag....

"park bench with a twist" (wakka wakka!)

tag must either be an "out of the ordinary" park bench, or, since this was in front of the Dali museum, I'll accept a tag with something in a Surrealist style.

Thats a good one! Wow! I can't think of anything in the area that would fit that bill.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

excellent imagination
                      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

the parking spot in front of that bench was a handicapped spot, so I was kind of in a hurry. Pulled up, jumped off the bike, left all my gear on except for my glove so i could push the buttons on my phone, snapped the shot....and was getting the weirdest looks from that dude in the background, but even more so from a girl that had just ridden up on her bicycle and was chaining it to the bike rack that was just out of frame to the right.

I was going to explain that it was just a silly game I was playing, but that would have meant taking off my helmet, glasses, etc........figured I'd leave it to her imagination.

Comment

the parking spot in front of that bench was a handicapped spot, so I was kind of in a hurry. Pulled up, jumped off the bike, left all my gear on except for my glove so i could push the buttons on my phone, snapped the shot....and was getting the weirdest looks from that dude in the background, but even more so from a girl that had just ridden up on her bicycle and was chaining it to the bike rack that was just out of frame to the right.

I was going to explain that it was just a silly game I was playing, but that would have meant taking off my helmet, glasses, etc........figured I'd leave it to her imagination.
                          I would have said, "He's usually invisible", and left. Nice tag.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

OK, here's the "park bench", take your pick any of the three are good.

And here's the next one, a town water tower, and here's the caveat, it can't be "just" a water tower, there must be something special about it. This one is a fishing bobber.

MN riders that have been north of Brainerd should recognize this stuff!

Comment

awesome! nice tag

Comment

awesome! nice tag
                                Thanks, your bench was pretty cool too. I thought I'd seen one like that at a bus stop in some city somewhere that someone had doused in gasoline then hit it with a blowtorch......

Comment

Working...
                                X