Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm thinking of blowing teh dust out in a few minutes, I bet I can turn something up.
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

"That should be easy... "

...maybe in the US, where everybody seems to be armed.......are artillary pieces common on private front lawns?

Comment

Originally posted by Runningdog View Post
        .......are artillary pieces common on private front lawns?
        Just about every small town square, VFW or American Legion has one in the states...
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          Just about every small town square, VFW or American Legion has one in the states...
          That's right, and they're all loaded, and alll pointed at some foreign paper hanging SOB! Bwahahahahahah!

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

BTDT. Post #614.

Ill get back in the game someday.....
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
              BTDT. Post #614.

Ill get back in the game someday.....
              Well...as an ex-artillery man...a tank is not an artillery piece...sorry...completely different...
              A self propelled howitzer is an artillery piece, but a tank is not....
              Tanks fire line-of-site, direct fire...artillery generally doesn't, indirect fire....
              Last edited by Baatfam; 04-02-2011, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Could have taken pictures of dozens of tanks and artillery pieces today. Sorry, I was riding something bigger and faster than an old GS at the time, so there will be no pictures.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

reminds me of the day I came to my "office" and saw a cannon that was not there the night before.

of course it was aimed at cal tech.

My stator came in today, going to wrench a bit this afternoon and hope to be riding soon.

Comment

So, the new tag is an artillery piece, is it? I have to go to Brainerd tonight for my practice with the Community Band (playing bass, bringing the bass guitar on the bike for this), so as I pass all the VFWs, Legions and so on, I'll have to be observant, see if there's something other than a tank present......

Comment

good luck with the tag, hope to be riding soon! here in new england we have artillery pieces in front of schools, libraries, town halls, pretty much everywhere lol.

Comment

I saw a cannon in front of one of the local Gas stations while riding yesterday and my first thought was "crap I don't have my camera!"

Not the logical question of why on earth the Sonoco has a cannon parked out front.....

Comment

Im so close to riding, got the plates for the 850. Now I just need to finish the wrenching and get one of them on the road!

Comment

Well.......?

Comment

Still the same tag huh? I've been out twice now, but I'm not as good about battery maintenance for the digicam as I am for the bike, so no pics yet.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

SUCCESS the 650 is alive.

Tag and new tag is having your kid (or borrow one if dont have any) on your bike at the next tag location, no driveway pics needs to be at the tag location you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X