X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    Just post that picture, that'll work!
    Picture would not do that justice but would save me actually moving. I will take lots of pictures this weekend but will try to avoid anything that might get me arrested or tickets.

Comment

I haven't looked at this thread all winter, but I'll be jumping back in any time now. Just to, please pretty please, save me the time scouring through the pages, is there a list of used tags somewhere that someone would direct me to so I don't waste anyone's time with bad tags? Or do we even keep such a list?

Thanks and, glad to be back!
      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
        I haven't looked at this thread all winter, but I'll be jumping back in any time now. Just to, please pretty please, save me the time scouring through the pages, is there a list of used tags somewhere that someone would direct me to so I don't waste anyone's time with bad tags? Or do we even keep such a list?

Thanks and, glad to be back!
        No, redos are OK. We're not that anal around here.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Sounds as groovy as groovy can be, thanks.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

OK, here's the pedestrian/snowmobile/bicycle bridge for the Paul Bunyan Trail.

And, the next tag is an unusual LARGE roadside attraction (statue, whatever, but it has to be unusual).

If you look closely, there's a big red arrow sticking in the ground in the upper left corner.

GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Last edited by Guest; 03-11-2011, 06:47 PM. Reason: Added some text

Comment

Although I am strongly for a history, I can't think of any way to do it except to create a second thread in which the tags were listed, such as was lighthouse, is hamburger stand.
              And that would be a giant PITA also, since you would then have to access each thread and make a post in each one.
              In an ideal world, the thread would be created such than anyone and everyone can write to the first post in the thread. That way, the first post is the history list, easy to peruse, and all the rest are the pictorials. That would work, but I have no idea what it would take or if it would even be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                Although I am strongly for a history, I can't think of any way to do it except to create a second thread in which the tags were listed, such as was lighthouse, is hamburger stand.
                And that would be a giant PITA also, since you would then have to access each thread and make a post in each one.
                In an ideal world, the thread would be created such than anyone and everyone can write to the first post in the thread. That way, the first post is the history list, easy to peruse, and all the rest are the pictorials. That would work, but I have no idea what it would take or if it would even be possible.
                One way would be to have a list of tags, up to date, at the bottom of every NEW tag. Every time a NEW tag is posted, copy the old list, paste into the new post, add the current tag to the list at the bottom. Since redos are okay though it's academic.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Allie, every time you post, I just want to reach through my screen and make the Borg Queen squeal with passion.

Comment

One way would be to have a list of tags, up to date, at the bottom of every NEW tag. Every time a NEW tag is posted, copy the old list, paste into the new post, add the current tag to the list at the bottom. Since redos are okay though it's academic.
                    At some point it gets too hard, the rest of us will just quit playing.
                    There's still nothing wrong with repeats.
                    It's not like we have 700 pictures of barns or something.

Comment

I agree, and the number of lighthouses in Indy is limited, at best.
                      Just remember, it's only a game, and the intention is to let us enjoy our bikes as much as possible.
                      And Allie, I'm just teasing you. I did think the actress was hot, though.

Comment

No, only 680 barns. If repeats are good, I'm good. Resistance is futile.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

No, only 680 barns. If repeats are good, I'm good. Resistance is futile.
                          Assimilated already?

Comment

Yes, you are!

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

no funny picks for me... truck decided to catch fire mid trip, no joke. Well technically closer to the start and just in my 100mile free tow range for AAA, so that was good news. It lost ignition power and started to see a cloud of smoke going out the back, once i got pulled over and popped the hood I saw flames just under the firewall on top of the transmission case area, I got it out within 15-30 seconds with a gallon of antifreeze/water.

I could find no real fire damage or even melted wires but did not try to turn it over, no check engine light or fluid gauges ever came on. My initial thought is one of the wires was arching and caught old oil on fire, the PO had drove it for an unknown amount of time with no oil cap on it... I replaced that the first day but never gave it a good engine degreaser soaking.

Anyways I got new wires, plugs, cap & rotor to go in. Also got a real fire extinguisher to keep in the cab and will see how it goes. Even if it runs and seems fine it is staying in the 100 mile aaa range for a while. I will get the new to me 850 in 2 weeks borrowing my Dad's truck that is only 2 years old.

Comment

Just a reminder, here's the next tag

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                                OK, here's the pedestrian/snowmobile/bicycle bridge for the Paul Bunyan Trail.

And, the next tag is an unusual LARGE roadside attraction (statue, whatever, but it has to be unusual).

If you look closely, there's a big red arrow sticking in the ground in the upper left corner.

GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Figured I'd better repost, as the thread fell off topic quite a bit since I posted this. Bad, all you thread hi-jackers, BAD,BAD,BAD! Now go to your rooms and no PIE!

Comment

Working...
                                X