Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tornado ripped through rural NH in summer, 2008 for 40-50 miles and they're still logging off the stuff to this day. Destructive ones are as rare as in MA but this is our recent notable one. The thick woods used to come right up to the road here in Barnstead, NH but the house across the street (about where I'm taking the pic) was not touched.

new tag....Airport traffic control tower....jet in pic not required, but you'll see a Southwest one if you look close....

Comment

No airports close by??

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
        No airports close by??
        Yeah, got one next door, but no tower. Click the radio, lights come on, etc. I thought BonanzaDave would've tagged this one already. If I get time, I'll ride 30 miles south for our "big" airport.

Comment

I got airports, I got towers. I got jets. I got a camera. I got no bike. :-(

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I just went to 2 regional airports. 1 had been closed for a while, so hope was dim but it was nearby. Then I rode to what used to be called Mount Comfort Airport, where they hold the annual air show, complete with Blue Angels. It is now called Indianapolis Regional Airport, and for the life of me, there is no control tower. How do they control the flights in and out?

Comment

Flights need no control. They do just fine on their own.
              It's just job security for some feds.

Comment

Here ya go, lol!

"Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                  Here ya go, lol!

Hahaha....saw that comin'....
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                    I got airports, I got towers. I got jets. I got a camera. I got no bike. :-(
                    what the? huh? how do you, of all people, have no bike?

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                      Here ya go, lol!

Hey, wait a minute...I think you cut and pasted that trailer in the pic of your backyard grassy airstrip in the "hills" of NJ...they're always 2 story trailers, right? The higher grass makes for softer landings. But how did you ride that GS out there without your gear on?

Comment

Yea, I can get it...I'll just head west before going home out east.

I'm assuming Tom must be at work if he has all that and no bike.

Edit:

Peterson AFB's and Colorado Springs Airport's Tower (see blue arrow). I could have taken it on base but I might have had some more unpleasant looks than I would have gotten otherwise.

Next tag - A Fedex, DHL, or UPS truck

Last edited by cowboyup3371; 06-23-2011, 06:46 PM.
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Bump in case nobody has the new tag - FedEx, UPS, or DHL truck

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                            Bump in case nobody has the new tag - FedEx, UPS, or DHL truck
                            I'll get one tonight. Might be bigger than a truck.

Comment

UPS truck...hopefully, just the trailer will do...

If that is acceptable...than the next tag is a transportation museum...
                              Car, boat, train, plane, bicycle, motorcycle, canoe or trolly museum...
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Good tags Bob. Hmmm, this could be interesting.

When are some of our overseas friends going to jump in on this?

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Working...
                                X