Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attn: Vetter sellers!

Check this out!

All you need to do is glue a H-D emblem on your windjammer and call it vintage harley fairing and your vetter is worth hundreds!

Comment

Originally posted by dr_fosg8 View Post
      Check this out!

All you need to do is glue a H-D emblem on your windjammer and call it vintage harley fairing and your vetter is worth hundreds!
      Hysterical!

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by dr_fosg8 View Post
        Check this out!

If you go to craigvetter.com, you will see that it is a standard Windjammer 3.

There were other models made specifically for Harley, but not that one.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

usually if its a 750 or or bigger they paint their ad with "dragbike" and "bulletproof" to add to their being convincing and try and help the sale.
          He doesnt say this one is one of the bulletproof ones.....I pass
          a bit much.

Comment

I'm wondering how he knows the rings left rust on the cylinder walls, maybe he pulled the head off and just screwed it back on. This engine should be on a trawler heading to the smelters in China.
            1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
            1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              If you go to craigvetter.com, you will see that it is a standard Windjammer 3.

There were other models made specifically for Harley, but not that one.

I sent the seller a "Just FYI...." email. He didn't change his description one little bit. Of course, he doesn't have any bids yet either....

Comment

$6000 ???

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/an...262372776.html

Comment

Is that for a completed bike or the half finished project he can't complete?

I got a kick out of the comment that it's rare for bikes of this vintage to have titles. That's rich.
                  1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                  1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I think I'll pass, thank you.

sigpic
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Methinks the seller has his metric system screwed up...
                      '83 GS650G
                      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by duaneage View Post
                        Is that for a completed bike or the half finished project he can't complete?

I got a kick out of the comment that it's rare for bikes of this vintage to have titles. That's rich.
                        LOL...That's BIG and Rich! I love it when someone says "that's Rich".
                        No signature

Comment

Can anyone pick out anything on the bike that appears to be custom? Not from a catalog, that is

I wonder what bearings got replaced

Are my eyes blurry, or does it lack carbs?

This ad should be saved and used as a example of why you don't pay professionals to do simple repairs.

10) Buying a 30 year old motorcycle because it was cheap without any mechanical knowledge and no interest in learning. Paying a shop to work on your 30 year old motorcycle is not advised unless you have lots of money to spend and know for a fact that they are trustworthy.

He'll be shocked when he gets about a grand for it. Watch for ads with declining prices over the next few weeks
                          Last edited by Big T; 09-12-2012, 11:36 AM.
                          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                          2007 DRz 400S
                          1999 ATK 490ES
                          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Before it disappears, here is the text that goes along with that bike:

'78 Suzuki GS1000 Cafe - $6000 (Forest Lake)

Mint condition 1000cc, Cafe racer inspired restoration. Clean title (rare for bikes of this vintage). This bike was the superbike of its day, and set a lot of records.

Fresh frame off restoration. Everything on this bike professionally rebuilt or replaced. New fork seals, new tires, new cables, new battery, newbearings throughout. Two stage powder coat ( base/clear) on frame, accesories pieces, and rims. Custom painted tank and seat. Custom fabricateded tail section, seat and tail light. Carbs rebuilt, rejetted and sync'd, K&N pod filters. Engine has been gone through, honed, new bearings, rings, gaskets, seals and clutch. Freshly painted. Vance and Hines race exhaust. Too many other new parts to list. This thing is FAST, looks great and sounds even better. Must see to appreciate!!!

I've got much more than 6K into this between parts and labor. This bike wouldn't be for sale but for the fact that I'm moving and need the money for the house. Oh, the painful cost of being a responsible adult.... My loss is your gain, email to set up a showing.

I've got an extra set of brand new clubman bars (lower, more forward positioning) and a box with most of the origional parts that were removed that will be included as well.

Thank you, Tony

Ps, the completed pictures were blurry (camera issues) so there will be more pictures of it completed as soon as I snap some more new ones.

CB750, CB360, cbr, cafe, caferacer, suzuki, gs 1000, kawasaki, restoration, honda, yamaha,

sigpic
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride

Comment

I just sent him a message.

Greetings,

I was shown a copy of your ad showing a bike for sale, and have a couple of questions about it.

Since a REALLY nice example of that bike MIGHT fetch $1200-1500, I am just curious where the additional $3500-3800 comes in.

I don’t see anything that is “custom”, except for the red frame and wheels, but that could be two or three cans of Krylon.
                              OK, you do have a “custom” seat and tail piece, that must be the “café racer inspired” part of the restoration.

Apparently the carbs are not installed yet, neither are the front brakes, so how do you know this bike is “FAST” or just how great it sounds?
                              Further evidence is the lack of a chain. Just how fast can you push it?

One other item I feel worth mentioning is the “rare” title issue. I have six motorcycles in my family with vintages from ’69 to ’82, they ALL have titles.
                              What is so “rare” about having a title?

I am really sorry you got raped somewhere in the process, but assuming you do get it together and it runs half as bad as you are bragging,
                              it’s not worth much more than $1000 to anyone who happens to appreciate that vintage Suzuki and knows what you have there.

It might have been worth more, but that red paint on what is affectionately known as a “Skunk” model REALLY devalues the bike.

Good luck with the sale.
                              sigpic
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
                              X