Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post
    I can agree with the creativity and movie prop-like design. Oh and there is a monoshock on the rear, you can see it in the first picture (red spring)
    Yeah, your right, I see it...with a little larger fuel capacity, I could see riding this back in the hills of WV, with more seat cushion of course, also, I could see myself leaving it in the first ditch the first sign of trouble it gave me also And it's not a classic GS, a DR350 is meant for abuse

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
      Are those rear shocks he's using as a "springer" front end?
      Quite possible. It appears to be a version of a leading link suspension. The forks will come more or less straight down, and, where we have the wheel mounted on an axle, will be pivots for two arms going forward to the wheel axle. On those arms will be the lower mounts for the shocks, the upper mounts appear to be at the cross brace at the fender. Really not that bad of a setup.

It has been done on several bikes in the past, click HERE to see the Wikipedia article on front suspension. Scroll down just a bit, you will see the leading link photos.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

not a funny, pretty good deal actually

1980 suzuki gs 1000 L - $700 (enfield)

Date: 2012-07-29, 3:10PM EDT
        Reply to: vbjdf-3170794426@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

LOWER PRICE. extra pic.

1980 Suzuki GS1000L Motorcycle Smooth Shaft drive Adult owned, always garaged, never seen rain or snow. oky, maybe a little rain, but not much.
        37XXX miles

Runs good, rides good- new parts: I bought it last year and the previous owner had put on new tires ($360installed) Then, I invested: New stator ($110) New Rectifier/regulator($95) New starter($115)

Tank has a few chips/blemishes Seat has a small tear.. (Hey- its 32 years old.)

Chrome is in great shape (if thats your thing) Adjustable Shocks

Enjoy 2 wheeled summer fun on this classic bulletproof Japanese motorcycle while theres time.. Its hard to find a running motorcycle for this low of a price. Do yourself a favor and research the bulletproof GS1000 engine if you like. Only reason I'm selling her ,is that I'm finally,FINALLY, after 12 yrs of waiting.. getting my Dream Bike... so, cash talks. (No trades thanks) Test rides only with cash in hand. Sorry ,I've been burned Once- and only once.

Don't miss out on this opportunity of a life time... amaze your friends.. impress that girl you've had your eye on. (okay, maybe that last sentence was a little over the top.. But it is fun, and it is a good deal)

Thanks for reading. T.

Email or Text 860-331-34 nine nine

I can reply to texts easiest, as I work during the day. Or call, and leave message and I can respond later. Yes, I do ramble on sometimes..

DOES NOT HAVE THE "BACK SEATREST & LUGGAGE RACK" AS SHOWN IN 2nd PICTURE.

Comment

1980 Yamaha SR250 - $1999 (Bristol)

Date: 2012-07-30, 2:02PM EDT
          Reply to: pxqtb-3172710303@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

For sale is a 1980 Yamaha SR250, A really Fun and Affordable Ride. Runs great with a nice bite! Asking $1999 OBO
          To set up a time to look at this bike please call 860-583-8484 ask for Mike F. Tell us you saw it on Craigslist.

Comment

this shoper ride real good

shoper 500cc 1981 - $900 (hartford ct)

Date: 2012-07-14, 12:03AM EDT
            Reply to: gkptq-3138279151@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

this shoper ride real good is very clean bike for the year any question call at any time 8607066044

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
              http://hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/3138279151.html

shoper 500cc 1981 - $900 (hartford ct)

Date: 2012-07-14, 12:03AM EDT
              Reply to: gkptq-3138279151@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

this shoper ride real good is very clean bike for the year any question call at any time 8607066044

What the frig is a 'shoper'? That looks like a Honda 500 the same engine that is in the Silver wing.

Comment

What he means is

"chopper". The bike is a CX500 Honda. But I don't see any"chopping" going on there. Looks stock.

Comment

XS650 Bobber - $4000. LOL, for that price the guy could at least have painted it!

Comment

Originally posted by chefrider View Post
                    "chopper". The bike is a CX500 Honda. But I don't see any"chopping" going on there. Looks stock.
                    Actually, it's a CX500C, the C being the equivalent of the Suzuki L models

C as in "shoper"?

Does it take me directly to the grocery store?
                    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                    2007 DRz 400S
                    1999 ATK 490ES
                    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                      Actually, it's a CX500C, the C being the equivalent of the Suzuki L models

C as in "shoper"?

Does it take me directly to the grocery store?
                      What if I don't want to go to the grocery store...

Comment

I am thinking on the roof at Christmas time! All lit up!

Comment

I'm thinkin' year round in my garage ! ! ! That's sweet ! ! !
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Doubt he could give it away!

Comment

2 for 1 project deal- perfect for entertaining

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Need a decoder ring for this one..

1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
                                2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
                                2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

Working...
                                X