No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not saying there is a problem with pawning bikes off on CL without a title, because there are lots of legitimate reasons for doing so, BUT... I found this one kinda funny:

Nice and shiny roadworthy bike parked on a dark street corner, looking to see what he can get out of it (oh BTW, no title). Doh! Geee... that doesn't look suspicious at all! Haha! I wonder if Billy Bob knows that next door neighbor Johnny is trying to sell his bike on CL because he stole his parking spot. Just saying....
    ∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt
    13.Tri.Tiger.800 13.Suz.Wee-Strom 09.Kaw.KLX250 00.MZ.Skorpion 98.MZ.Baghira 86.Honda.CH250
    PARTING OUT: Suzuki 77-82.GS750 81.GS550T 85.GS550L 81.GS650GL 82.GS650E 80.82.GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by 5150/gs View Post
      WTFeck

Comment

It's a Shadow. Black bikes look better in the shade.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryBB View Post
          WTFeck
          Here's the recipe:

Pabst Blue Ribbon

White Trash

Crystal Meth

Welder

This is what you get:

image.jpg
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by witttom View Post
            Not saying there is a problem with pawning bikes off on CL without a title, because there are lots of legitimate reasons for doing so, BUT... I found this one kinda funny:

Nice and shiny roadworthy bike parked on a dark street corner, looking to see what he can get out of it (oh BTW, no title). Doh! Geee... that doesn't look suspicious at all! Haha! I wonder if Billy Bob knows that next door neighbor Johnny is trying to sell his bike on CL because he stole his parking spot. Just saying....
            Well, it is a Shadow
            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
            2007 DRz 400S
            1999 ATK 490ES
            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

LOL, it looks as if they dropped one car from a great height on to the other. You would have to be taking some serious meds to think this was a good idea to do.

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
              Here's the recipe:

Pabst Blue Ribbon

White Trash

Crystal Meth

Welder

This is what you get:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38582[/ATTACH]

Comment

Last edited by witttom; 03-08-2015, 01:23 PM.
                ∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt
                13.Tri.Tiger.800 13.Suz.Wee-Strom 09.Kaw.KLX250 00.MZ.Skorpion 98.MZ.Baghira 86.Honda.CH250
                PARTING OUT: Suzuki 77-82.GS750 81.GS550T 85.GS550L 81.GS650GL 82.GS650E 80.82.GS850G

Comment

At least it looks like a good job.

Comment

Anybody here think this is 100% water tight? Nice and cozy in a deluge?

image.jpg

If so, I've been authorized to take bids on the Brooklyn Bridge.

Comment

I'm digging it. Bet it is the only RR truck out there.
                      82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                      80 gs1000s

Comment

The Clampetts a millionaires.
                        Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                        1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

"only mechanical issue is that one of the rods needs adjusted. It knocks slightly."

http://dayton.craigslist.org/mcy/4912352137.html

Ok. I've had this bike for 4 years and last year decided to completely customize it front to back. To avoid a long story, it did not and is not going to get done. The good news for you is that all you have to do is put it back together and I guarantee no other bike will look like it. The green picture is what it looked like the first time I changed it all around with new paint, handlebars, saddlebags, exhaust, and sissy bar. What I was going for this next time was a 70's cruiser style. So I bought fenders that wrap around more of the tire and had them cut and welded to fit. And a bigger tank that we modified the frame a little so it would fit. I still have all the original pieces if you'd like. You'd just need to weld the little posts back on for the old tank to sit on. No big deal. The only mechanical issue is that one of the rods needs adjusted. It knocks slightly. It has never gotten any worse in the 2 years I rode it though. The bike started up every time with no problems and has a 6 speed transmission which is very handy for highway riding. The tires only have one season on them. I also have a full dark brown leather hide because we were going to make custom saddlebags and re-wrap the seat. I paid $200 for it but will let it go for half that. The included pictures are a sort of mock up of what the fenders and seat would look like on it.

Brand new things I bought for it:
                          Bullet style turn signals
                          Tombstone taillight
                          Handlebar controls
                          Gear selector arm
                          Rear brake pedal
                          Header pipes
                          and honestly probably a couple other things I've forgotten by now

I always took very good care of this bike with oil changes and maintenance. I am willing to negotiate the price. Any questions at all feel free to ask. Thanks for looking.
                          ∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt

Comment

Only asking $500? Underachiver. Almost makes it worthwhile to save it from Maron.

Comment

Why would you ride on an out of adjustment pushrod for 2 years then admit it?

Comment

Honesty?

Comment

Working...
                                X