Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
    Now THIS is a wonderful, descriptive picture, no?

Well, as the seller stated " I had it running yesterday ". A coat of wax and off you go!

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
      probably worth that much if you sold it for parts, so that's not out of line.
      Care to make list of all the salable parts that amount to $1800?
      I can't see anything I could sell after the engine.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

rotors, brake calipers, cables, forks, triple clamps, wheels, tank...it can all be sold, a seller needs to be motivated enough to break it down and list it all on ebay...even the engine can broken down and sold, separately the parts are worth more than the whole. All parts have value to someone looking to replace out of production items, if you're not looking then it's just a piece of worthless scrap.

I just spent 6 months searching for a specific set of brake calipers, hangers and rotors at a price I was willing to pay. $300 when I did track them down locally which was half the price had I bought from the wreckers selling on ebay ...supply and demand...
        1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

rotors, brake calipers, cables, forks, triple clamps, wheels, tank...it can all be sold, a seller needs to be motivated enough to break it down and list it all on ebay...even the engine can broken down and sold, separately the parts are worth more than the whole. All parts have value to someone looking to replace out of production items, if you're not looking then it's just a piece of worthless scrap.

I just spent 6 months searching for a specific set of brake calipers, hangers and rotors at a price I was willing to pay. $300 when I did track them down locally which was half the price had I bought from the wreckers selling on ebay ...supply and demand...
          All potential, not practical. That stuff will hang for years unsold.
          My point is, you made a cavalier comment that the asking price was not out of line. In fact it would take a lot of work and time to take it apart, and years to sell any of it, and the probable total profit may amount to $0.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
            Well, as the seller stated " I had it running yesterday ". A coat of wax and off you go!
            I refer you to the words of Paul McCartney.

Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away.

Now it looks as though they're here to stay.
            The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Oh Ye of little faith......
              I believe in Yesterday
              97 R1100R
              Previous
              80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                All potential, not practical. That stuff will hang for years unsold.
                My point is, you made a cavalier comment that the asking price was not out of line. In fact it would take a lot of work and time to take it apart, and years to sell any of it, and the probable total profit may amount to $0.
                cavalier? hardly just logical...I have first hand knowledge of two bikes that were sold for parts, a '84 cb750F, stripped and sold for parts in a week for a minimum $1K ...and a ratty CBX parts bike that sold for $2.5K, it was gone in a week as well...I should have bought the cbx when it was offered to me for $2k... carbs alone will sell for 1-1.5K, running engine 2-2.5K...I could've bought it kept the carbs for myself and sold the engine for 2K...
                1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

cavalier? hardly just logical...I have first hand knowledge of two bikes that were sold for parts, a '84 cb750F, stripped and sold for parts in a week for a minimum $1K ...and a ratty CBX parts bike that sold for $2.5K, it was gone in a week as well...I should have bought the cbx when it was offered to me for $2k... carbs alone will sell for 1-1.5K, running engine 2-2.5K...I could've bought it kept the carbs for myself and sold the engine for 2K...
                  Is that a complete GS in the listing we're talking about? Or just a stripped and chopped frame, 2 wheels with discs, engine, fork, and what else? Gas tank from what?
                  Maybe you're smart enough to purchase that bike, and sell the parts?

Comment

It's like one of those trippy posters on a dorm room wall. You stare at it long enough and eventually you see the hidden image.

K.

1978 GS750E
                    1981 KZ440D

Comment

Originally posted by gwyon View Post
                      It's like one of those trippy posters on a dorm room wall. You stare at it long enough and eventually you see the hidden image.

http://maine.craigslist.org/tro/5898771081.html
                      Thanks, now I have to clean my monitor from the spit take i just did
                      #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                      #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                      #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                      #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                        Is that a complete GS in the listing we're talking about? Or just a stripped and chopped frame, 2 wheels with discs, engine, fork, and what else? Gas tank from what?
                        This is the bike in that discussion:

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I'd give him $50 for it...
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by gwyon View Post

http://maine.craigslist.org/tro/5898771081.html
                            I never could see the hidden image.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                            Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

I hope you're talking ab out the camper.

Comment

Working...
                              X