Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by megatwin View Post
    Not me,that is the entire craigslist ad,no pics or anything else.
    Oh, sorry....wasn't sure.
    ...well, it gave us the general idea where it's located...ain't that enough?! {No!....... }

Comment

This guy on ebay cracks me up. He's usually selling a pair of common bolts or nuts for several dollars and always seems to have a silver dollar in the picture. But this one (literally) cracks me up.http://www.ebay.com/itm/78-HONDA-CB4...EUswzK4HBBwbkA
      At 1.00 a ball it would be mighty expensive to replace all of them. At least there is free shipping!

The description includes this lovely disclaimer:
      IF THERE IS A COIN IN THE PICTURE IT IS ONLY FOR SIZE REFERENCE. IT IS NOT INCLUDED. YOU WILL NOT GET THE COIN.
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
        OR in the case of these CL bobber builders "Ran before I disassembled it"
        "Just needs wiring finished" is a close second for CL
        Over 10K invested is one of my favs.
        1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
        1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Love those guys who painstakingly disassemble obscure bikes, then pay to advertise what nobody will ever buy.
          How much for the Liberty head?
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I will just never understand people who 'plan to restore' something and then leave it out in the elements for years rusting away until it is beyond salvage then want to sell it for running price. Wouldn't you cover the item, or store it in a building until ready to either work on or get rid of. If you were just going to let it sit outside and rust, sell it as soon as you park it......................

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
              Love those guys who painstakingly disassemble obscure bikes, then pay to advertise what nobody will ever buy.
              But somebody bought 6 of them! I can see them going all over the floor when you disassemble it. Not sure it pencils out as a moneymaker, considering shipping and materials.
              sigpic
              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
              1983 GS1100e
              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
              1980 GS1260
              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by duaneage View Post
                This guy on ebay cracks me up. He's usually selling a pair of common bolts or nuts for several dollars and always seems to have a silver dollar in the picture. But this one (literally) cracks me up.http://www.ebay.com/itm/78-HONDA-CB4...EUswzK4HBBwbkA
                At 1.00 a ball it would be mighty expensive to replace all of them. At least there is free shipping!
                That is brilliant actually. What are you going to do when repacking the steering bearings and one of the balls falls out and goes to that alternate dimension that is under your workbench? Spend $30 on roller bearing refit? Or just a couple of dollars replacing that one @%!#! ball. Now X that for all of them.

I wish I'd thought of that before dumping out all those BBs from my CB-250 into the trash...

The description includes this lovely disclaimer:
                IF THERE IS A COIN IN THE PICTURE IT IS ONLY FOR SIZE REFERENCE. IT IS NOT INCLUDED. YOU WILL NOT GET THE COIN.
                Because some genius either asked if it was included or was butthurt when he didn't get his silver coin with his ball bearing.

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                  But somebody bought 6 of them! I can see them going all over the floor when you disassemble it. Not sure it pencils out as a moneymaker, considering shipping and materials.
                  My issue is, labor time/profit.
                  There is so much time involved in disassembly, so much time in photography, ad building, posting, storage and cataloging, shipping and handling, before profit.
                  So your per labor hour/profit ratio breaks down to $1 per hour?
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Breaking down a bike (or any other machine) is quick and easy. Esp. if you have no intention of ever reassembling it. Yeah, documenting, photographing, and listing the myriad parts does take time and effort, but so does any other honest work. It can be quite luractive.

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                    Buyer pays S&H (one way or another). Feebay, CL, and the Interwebs in general works because it has such a wide user base. You can sell anything (they let you) on there if you wait long enough. I've sold crap I'd never be able to sell much less give away for free locally. Even if you sell something for dollar, its a dollar more than you had.
                    Last edited by Guest; 04-06-2016, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                      +2...I'd buy that coin for a buck!...It'd keep my morgans company.

Comment

sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I don't get it, again.
                          Is there any value above $400 for that bike in running condition?
                          Seems like a dirt bike with no fenders would get messy way too fast. Flipping the handlebars upside down? Get you face messed up too.
                          cafe racer suzuki - $3000

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            That's worthy of Ichiban Moto!
                            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

At least look at the side cover and get the brand straight before listing?

Comment

Yamaha/Suzuki...Virago/Verigo...on one of these, does it make a difference?

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                                Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Working...
                                X