No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Growler, you were just talking about seat modifications. Maybe you can have this guy custom make you one. Haha
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Yet another definition of "cafe racer".

Vintage Cafe Racer Suzuki GS 1883 - $1100 (Austin West Campus)

1983 Suzuki GS
      VIN: 19wdx
      condition: good
      engine displacement (CC): 40
      fuel: gas
      paint color: black
      title status: clean
      transmission: manual

I bought this bike about 8 months ago and it rides like a champ for a 1983. I have the title and a couple of helmets I could throw in for an additional fee. The Odo doesn't work and there is a leak that my mechanic said could be fixed by adding some new intake boots. I started off with this bike and its been a blast, if you're interested in cafe racers and are looking for something simple to begin your motorcyle record this is the best way to go. Send me an email and we can set up a meeting and a check up for the bike, best.

Last edited by Frank Z.; 07-08-2015, 09:51 PM.
      '80 GS1000ST
      '92 ZX-11
      Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Hah! Exactly. I'll drop off some foam that he can put over a bunch of canned goods on the seat pan. Is there a seat pan?
        Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
        Hey Growler, you were just talking about seat modifications. Maybe you can have this guy custom make you one. Haha

Comment

I hate to think what shape his ass is. Or his donkey.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

This one must be a rare one-off. Maybe the ghost of Wankel had a hand in it. Very high tech. 5 stroke and ride-by-wire.

***Selling Suzuki 2003 GSXR 600***
            asking $2, 800 OBO
            Good condition for 2003 and only 21, 600 miles (bought it with 20,100) Clean title
            4 cylinder, 5 stroke, upgraded exhaust, replaced chain, replaced handle wires,
            blue foot pegs & adjustable levers, white rims, great for weekend rides and adrenaline fix
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Better hurry this one can go any.........................month now.
              Attached Files
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Is that really a "Diamong Plate" seat?

I won't waste his time. Not at all.
                Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

"Serious buyers don't waste my time..."

What an A-hole. How serious can you get over $1500? Besides, it's not even a five-stroke. Probably got old handle wires too.
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Rob, you should go check it out.....
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Not sure if I'd call this 'funny', but it's certainly an interesting use of a GS1000 engine.

DWARF CAR 34 FORD BODY STYLE - $4500 (LYNCHBURG)

1953 34 FORD STYLE
                      condition: good
                      cylinders: 4 cylinders
                      drive: rwd
                      fuel: gas
                      paint color: red
                      title status: clean
                      transmission: manual

DWARF 34 FORD BODY STYLE, GS1000 SUZUKI ENGINE, 5SPD, REVERSE, TITLE, LIGHTS, BLUE DOT TAIL LIGHTS, Etc (only 41" tall) FUN ! $4500 or best offer text or call 934 7six3 0six07 Lloyd, Thanks ! ALSO 07 HARLEY FAT BOY ! call for info !
                      • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 5124549338
                      ∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt
                      13.Tri.Tiger.800 13.Suz.Wee-Strom 09.Kaw.KLX250 00.MZ.Skorpion 98.MZ.Baghira 86.Honda.CH250
                      PARTING OUT: Suzuki 77-82.GS750 81.GS550T 85.GS550L 81.GS650GL 82.GS650E 80.82.GS850G

Comment

I saw one of those for sale recently that was street legal..... I thought if they were a two seater they may be worth playing with.

Originally posted by witttom View Post
                        Not sure if I'd call this 'funny', but it's certainly an interesting use of a GS1000 engine.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5124549338.html
                        82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                        80 gs1000s

Comment

Just a thought, but wouldn't that engine run really hot on the innermost cylinders? Airflow on an inline is designed to be from the front of all 4 not across 1 then 2 etc. Probably would cook the rings on the last two.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            "Serious buyers don't waste my time..."

What an A-hole. How serious can you get over $1500? Besides, it's not even a five-stroke. Probably got old handle wires too.
                            So since I am not a serious buyer, I can waste his time?

Comment

Originally posted by Clone View Post
                              Just a thought, but wouldn't that engine run really hot on the innermost cylinders? Airflow on an inline is designed to be from the front of all 4 not across 1 then 2 etc. Probably would cook the rings on the last two.
                              Yes.

Absolutely yes.

An aircooled engine with no air...And a cowling too in order to retrict it some more.
                              Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                              1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Used to go see these cars race a lot. They are very fast, and I can imagine VERY fun to drive on a 1/4 mile oval.

From what I have seen of these cars they don't over heat like you would think. Or maybe they do, and they get rebuilt often? All I really know is that I have wanted one of these since the first time I got a close up look at one. Just looks plain FUN...
                                '83 GS 1100T
                                The Jet

sigpic
                                '95 GSXR 750w
                                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                                X