1950's Trike.....

I don't get it......

Really ??.....$200 ??.........

Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

But it's 60 years old and just HAS to be a classic right?
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Larry D View Post
          I don't get it......

Really ??.....$200 ??.........

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/mcy/2099893512.html
          If he were to post it on Ebay, he could get thousands for it! LOL!

Daniel

Comment

Tooth Puller

Date: 2010-12-06, 10:25PM PST
            Reply to: gigs-74zdv-2099352690@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I need some one to pull my tooth out. Anyone out there qualified? Or do you know someone?
            • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
            • Compensation: no pay
            • This is the BEST one I have seen yet!!! Ray.

Comment

Ingenious

Just when you've seen it all....check out the tank handles. Maybe if during a tank slapper at high speed you can let go of the h-bar and grab hold of the tank.

Comment

Hey, at least he's not tripling the price because of the handles.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I just love this word - cusomized...sounds like something we do when stuff won't come off right.

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                    Just when you've seen it all....check out the tank handles. Maybe if during a tank slapper at high speed you can let go of the h-bar and grab hold of the tank.
                    http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/2101091935.html
                    Another one of these CL ads that has all the characteristics we have come to know and love....A concept-gone-bad-so-I'll-just-sell-it; this or that is wrong but it's "an easy fix" and the parts are cheap; spelling; grammar; improper word choice (jeez - can NONE of these folks learn the difference between brake and break); etc etc

Comment

I'm kinda into those tank handles. Would make removing and installing the tank easier.
                      Current Bikes:
                      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                        I'm kinda into those tank handles. Would make removing and installing the tank easier.
                        I agree that they don't look nearly as bad I I might have imagined, but for the
                        once or twice a year I might have to remove the tank, I think I'll pass on the handles.

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Let me guess, noone would buy them when first advertised on CL so we'll pawn them off and let the pawn shop do it again?

The only nice looking one is the red one.

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Another fine example of "let's-see-how-many-concepts-we-can-combine"...

Springer, chopper, hardtail, vintage engine, even mini ape hangers....anything he missed? And such a bargain at only $3K
                            Last edited by Guest; 12-11-2010, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post
                              Another fine example of "let's-see-how-many-concepts-we-can-combine"...

Springer, chopper, hardtail, vintage engine, even mini ape hangers....anything he missed? And such a bargain at only $3K
                              No one understands the difference between the value of backyard crackpot work (me) and professional artists. It's a cool bike, but it is not worth 3,000. I mean, you still have to find a frame and bodywork to go with that engine
                              Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

Here's an ad that's a lesson in if you want to eliminate 98.5% of your potential buyers, then paint it like this and then ask for almost $4000. Maybe a pretty color in person, but not the fork tubes, front caliper, air cleaner cover, headlight bucket, radiator, etc....too!! $1500 to use up the paint?

Last edited by Guest; 12-13-2010, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X