Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GabrielGoes View Post
    um ill take the side covers, motor, rear shocks, swing arm and i would take whatevers remaining of that bike and throw it through his front door
    I LOVE it ALL!!! After seeing this fine example, I'm going to take the 850 in the same direction. Think I may even use the pedal idea for some sexy looking forward mounts. Nice piece!

Need to shorten the tail section a little more. It looks WAY to bulky.

Comment

harley beercan dispenser/refridgerated - $150 (brighton)
      Date: 2010-11-29, 8:37PM MST
      Reply to: see below

APPROX 70 CAN WALL-MOUNT/////COIN OPERATED---HARLEY LOGO'D--REFRIDGERATED---BEER????CAN DISPENSER---YOU SET THE PRICE FOR EACH CAN(how cool is that??)---needs new drum key reset---WORKS GREAT---GREAT CONVERSATION PIECE---SERIOUS BUYERS CALL THANX
      • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

dont most people already have a fridge??? 150.00 will puit a lot of Buds or Busch in the fridge!!
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
          dont most people already have a fridge??? 150.00 will puit a lot of Buds or Busch in the fridge!!
          I had a buddy who had a dock and house on the river. He set a Pepsi machine outside his house and spread the word that it vended beer. $$$$ (don't think too hard about the legal or social ramifications)
          Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

I would call that a public service..you know how hot it gets out there fishing in the hot sun?? sounds like its a win win for everyone!!!!
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Nice little scoot....

Comment

Wow, that's pretty cool...at least he's honest about it

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

I wonder if his wife is making him sell this one with the way he describes it:

1999 BMW R1100rt Police Rat Bike - $2200 (Denver - Cap Hill)

Date: 2010-12-01, 8:36PM MST
                  Reply to: sale-agkvh-2090397146@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

That's right, I said "Rat Bike". Of course, this might cause some derision from people who value "The Rat Bike" aesthetic. If you're offended, take a deep breath, it will be O.K. You can rest assured that your discernment of the phrase, your valuation of motorcycle art, and your understanding of the universe through words is possibly (and likely) deeper than my own.

The scope and purpose of this depiction is to prevent disappointment and haggling. This bike isn't cosmetically perfect and the price is $2200 FIRM, Cash.

When I say not perfect, here's what I mean:
                  1)The bike has 119,510 miles. It takes a little gas to get it started, but this could possibly be remedied w/ a new throttle advance (i.e. Choke) cable.
                  2)It has 119,510 miles. There are small scratches, tiny cracks in plastic, some rust here and there etc. Considering this it's in pretty good shape.
                  3)Remember when I said your understanding of motorcycle aesthetics is probably better than mine? Well, the mirrors are made for a Jetta and not mounted very well (I like to drink beer when I work on my bike) and the passenger seat was made from an office chair. You probably won't be very impressed with my handy-work, but you should pretend to be, or just ignore these "features" if you're invited to come see my bike.
                  4)Other issues: The R-hand grip-heater doesn't work; the footrest plate is from an r1150 and has been modified to fit this bike; oh and the horn sounds really cheesy.

Aside from these issues, the bike runs and rides great!

If you're not familiar with this model, this is a great touring bike. Here are some of the highlights:
                  0 Dual, floating rotor, integrated anti-lock brakes; it will stop really well
                  0 Bosch fuel injection
                  0 A powered windshield that you raise and lower while riding
                  0 A flat (i.e. Boxer) engine for a lower center of gravity
                  0 Rider information display with fuel gauge, oil temp. and gear indicator
                  0 A cop alternator, a cop speedometer, and oil cooling fan
                  0 Paralever (single-sided) rear suspension

The bike has a clean Colorado title.

Legalese: You must have a motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license and cash-in-my-hand is required for test-rides -- if you crash it, that means you bought it! (Won't your significant other love that?!)

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

Zach

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

it's definitely not a model made before catalytic converters so it won't run good on regular (that's 'leaded' for all you young whippersnappers) gas! I wonder if it's got S.C.M.O.D.S.?

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                    SNIP

1999 BMW R1100rt Police Rat Bike - $2200 (Denver - Cap Hill)

SNIP

When I say not perfect, here's what I mean:
                    SNIP
                    0 A cop alternator, a cop speedometer, and oil cooling fan
                    SNIP

Comment

its funny how these posters rarely know english on a 3rd grade level
                      Originally posted by tkent02
                      That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
                      John 3:16

Comment

'73 Z1 going for HOW MUCH??!?

$20,000. Yup. Twenty. Thousand. Dollars.

That same amount would get you 15-20 nice running GS's. Ridiculous what some people consider paying for a 'collectible bike'.

We should hope GS's never get to this level of value. Of course if they did we could all just sell ours and buy bandit 12's or BMW's

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post

That same amount would get you 15-20 nice running GS's. Ridiculous what some people consider paying for a 'collectible bike'.

We should hope GS's never get to this level of value. Of course if they did we could all just sell ours and buy bandit 12's or BMW's
                          yeah the z1 is nice but 7 grand, yet alone 20 grand is stupid. i dont care what service manuals it comes with i aint paying more than a grand for that. 1100e's bike for sale is WAY better than that z1, it's gotta be 100x better in every way compared to that z1

Comment

Why does it feel like a scam to me though. I guess it's one reason I don't do internet buying like that.

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

look at the pictures, looks like oil spots underneath the bike. 20,000 for a bike that leaks oil? Although I suppose it could be from something else. Hey, whatever the market will bear. If someone wants to pay 20k for it, good on them, but I wouldn't do it. I can think of a lot of other bikes I could buy with that money, especially modern bikes. I could buy a Triumph Speed Triple R and an Aprilia Shiver for that money.

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
                                look at the pictures, looks like oil spots underneath the bike. 20,000 for a bike that leaks oil? Although I suppose it could be from something else. Hey, whatever the market will bear. If someone wants to pay 20k for it, good on them, but I wouldn't do it. I can think of a lot of other bikes I could buy with that money, especially modern bikes. I could buy a Triumph Speed Triple R and an Aprilia Shiver for that money.
                                i can get a ninja 250 and a bmw s1000rr

Comment

Working...
                                X