Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reads more like peyote, IMO…
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

The most painful bobber seat I've seen!!!

Inspired by the Iron Maiden??

Honda CB750 bobber - $1500 (Jackson, Michigan)

Has custom twisted kickstand and handlebars, custom gas and oil tanks, led tail light, comes with custom highway pegs. Has kick and electric start
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Looks like a hinge on the front of the seat - in case you decide the tire would be more comfortable.

Why I hate the words "bobbed" and "bobber".

Lovely rear brake line.
        Last edited by Rob S.; 04-27-2016, 03:59 PM.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Why the rear shocks on a hardtail?

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
            Why the rear shocks on a hardtail?
            I did not see those, because they're attached to the seat. Would that make it comfy?

Comment

For what they're sprung for...might as well be a hardtail

Comment

What the hell is holding up the rear end?

Are the rigid swingarm mounts just not installed yet? I see the centerstand is down, but geez, is there any thought behind this hack job? What bike is that square swingarm and rear wheel off of, anyway?

"I have a custom 1982 Suzuki GS 450 TX Cafe Racer project that I have put a lot of money into and I recently got my interest back into VW Bugs."

If you have a spare VW and live anywhere near Spokane, this could be yours.
                1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
                1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
                1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
                1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

Kinda notice how these hackers have a short attention span?
                  Like only as long as their meth stash lasts?

Comment

A lot of it is that these nitwits out "engineer" themselves. They chop themselves into a corner and don't have the skill/knowledge/intelligence to figure out a solution, so they give up, write an optimistic ad on CL and hope for someone as dumb as them to come along.

Originally posted by oregonjake View Post
                    What the hell is holding up the rear end?

Its a monoshock conversion. You can see the end of link dangling under the SA in front of the wheel. Looks like some mark of 90's Katana.
                    Last edited by Guest; 04-28-2016, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesWhut? View Post
                      A

Its a monoshock conversion. You can see the end of link dangling under the SA in front of the wheel. Looks like some mark of 90's Katana.
                      I dont see a shock absorber in there. Must have forgotten that part.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

It is but just as black and grimy as the rest of the bike.

Comment

It kinda looks like stuff from the 89-97 Katana, but I can't make out his shock mount, looks weak.
                          Yeah, probably somebody who's been on here - briefly, and got stumped with his project.
                          He could easily weld shock mounts on the steel swing arm, that'd be cool.
                          Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 04-28-2016, 09:10 AM.

Comment

What is sad is that there is a never-ending supply of C/L funnies for us to enjoy. Here is another that misrepresents reality. If I had a dime for every time someone claimed their bike was in great condition or like new and the pictures show aftermarket exhaust/paint/parts, i'd have many dimes.

"... in fabulous condition...well taken care of...Transmission in prestige condition...This is a semi-project bike. You will need to replace the voltage regulator/rectifier and the attached wiring as it burned up"

Can't...stop...laughing...
                            1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
                            1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
                            1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
                            1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

"... in fabulous condition...(except for) the burned up wiring"

I hate when that happens.
                              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                                Inspired by the Iron Maiden??

Honda CB750 bobber - $1500 (Jackson, Michigan)

Has custom twisted kickstand and handlebars, custom gas and oil tanks, led tail light, comes with custom highway pegs. Has kick and electric start
                                Why the Frig' does a wet sump engine have what looks like an oil tank? Where is the oil returning from to drain out the bottom to the sump? Did he re-route the oil lines that went to the head for the cams to the tank?

Comment

Working...
                                X