No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought my Honda 750 had an oil tank behind the side cover. It's been near 40 years, so I may be thinking of something else.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
    Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

I have a CB 750 oil tank floating around in the garage somewhere.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Single cam cb750's were dry sump.
        Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
          Single cam cb750's were dry sump.
          True that.

Gives Harley wannabes a little extra thrill - they get to build an oil bag.
          Last edited by Rob S.; 04-29-2016, 02:54 PM.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

"Yew just supplie me with sum saws all blades and sum guud beer and I'll git er done" Haha
            Would be nice if he showed some examples of the bikes he built.
            He cant get it running but he will bolt a bunch of crap onto it. Sounds like he plans on welding on a tail hoop, putting on a pre made cafe seat and some other bolt ons and trying to make some money. We all know that to tear a bike down to the frame and properly do a proper resto mod costs that much in parts and paint alone, not counting the months of hours we put into these stupid bikes. I can't imagine this "builder" paying as much attention to detail as we do.

Comment

So for a grand you get his expertise in custom installation, but I assume not the actual custom parts themselves.

"If there are mechanical issues I am not your guy"

Ah, the fresh air of honesty. Although for a grand the custom paint probably comes with the tell-tale sound of the rattle, does it not?

1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
              1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
              1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
              1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

Also some pic of completed projects would have been nice.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

He doesn't state that he's ever built a 'cafee bike" before. Only that he has "experiance". At something. But he probably looked at a few of the chop jobs on the Craigslist and recognized an opportunity to separate fools from their money.

Comment

Soon to discover, fools don't have any money.
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

They do, but don't keep it for long.

Comment

Fabulous Suzuki GT550 two stroke for a modest $200.
                        Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Suzuki: gt-550 at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

I'm sure that will buff right up and be good as gnu.

Comment

You make my mouth water…
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb View Post
                              Fabulous Suzuki GT550 two stroke for a modest $200.
                              http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Suzuki-gt-550...0AAOSw3mpXIUVM
                              My friend and I were doing an excavation job. We found a Honda 900 sport buried UNDERGROUND.
                              It was in better shape than that.

Comment

Probably ran when parked,too.

Comment

Working...
                                X