No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From my own neighborhood, this 1986 Goldwing owner feels it runs fine and is a good deal at $1400. Lets go to the replay, shall we?

"Great running bike...it's old..it needs a good cleaning..but everything works and it runs better than most bikes...I would ride this bike anywhere....it jumps out of 4th when you put the throttle on...it will do fine in 4th for slowing down...it usually bypass 4th while starting out...great price for a good running bike..."

https://eugene.craigslist.org/mcy/5564459679.html
    1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
    1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
    1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
    1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

Runs great. Just doesn't drive worth a damn. lol.

How do you jack up the 4th gear on a GW?!?

Comment

Do you have $3000 you want to flush down the sh**ter?

Buy & sell your used stuff for free in undefined. Your local, family-friendly online classifieds site for cars, furniture, jobs, real estate & more
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

but it comes with parts bike for "free"! That seat makes it look like its being ridden by a giant cockroach.

Comment

Virtually every ad like this has the same phrase in it; the carbs need adjusting. How is it you spend hours doing the hack job but find no time to finish the carbs? Sheesh!

"Over the last 2 years I have ripped the bike apart..."

Yes you did.
            1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
            1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
            1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
            1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

$4000.......oh but it doesn't have any brakes.... and oh ya, I haven't touched it in over a year so it probably doesn't run. BUT IT'S AN AWESOME BIKE.....

Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

But is that $4000 CAD?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesWhut? View Post
                  But is that $4000 CAD?
                  No, it's $4,000 in his imagination.
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Nice... if it had a tailsection, I'd consider it a decent looking bike. it would be funny if someone told him they would give asking price...... If they could test tide it.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                      Do you have $3000 you want to flush down the sh**ter?

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi..._27417527.lite
                      That one's kind of sad. I think the bike on the bottom is what he started from. I remember it was posted for sale last year from earlier owner along with a pretty decent looking black one as parts bike...

Comment

Some people don't the sense to leave well enough alone...

Comment

It's spreading. Where do they get the idea for the seats ?
                          97 R1100R
                          Previous
                          80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Those seats are actually ALIEN larva, that take over weak humanoid minds.

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                              Those seats are actually ALIEN larva, that take over weak humanoid minds.

Or very large grubs.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                              Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by oregonjake View Post
                                Virtually every ad like this has the same phrase in it; the carbs need adjusting.

How is it you spend hours doing the hack job but find no time to finish the carbs? Sheesh!
                                Because if something can't be cut off with a sawzall or beat with a hammer, they're outside their skill envelope.
                                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X