Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
    Some people just don't get it that it doesn't matter how much you sink into a project, a bike is only worth so much. He's asking $2000 for this basket case:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/mcy/5583989098.html
    Who sinks $3000 into an 1100GZ?!?

Oh, it "basically was hyabusa". I guess it's worth it because you can't get a running one for that little.

Between $400 and $600, if he's lucky.

I can hear his wife now: "I told you you'd never get it running."
    Last edited by Rob S.; 06-21-2016, 05:20 PM.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Old guys love to begin projects, do a little reading, buy all the coolest stuff, then it just collects dust.
      I can hear his wife; “Honey, we're out of beer, you wanna take the dog and get some?”
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Rob, you only had a partial question there. I'll finish it for ya.

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        Who sinks $3000 into an 1100GZ and it still doesn't run?
        For $3000, it should look and run pretty much like it did when it left the showroom 34 years ago.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
          Some people just don't get it that it doesn't matter how much you sink into a project, a bike is only worth so much. He's asking $2000 for this basket case:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/mcy/5583989098.html
          LMFAO This was the Hayabusa before there was a Hayabusa....

WTF...
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

yes, an unfortunate choice of picture when you are asking for $2000....but maybe the poor guy had it altogether at some point and now it's necessarily all apart for a wiring issue...it's sad more than funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
              Who sinks $3000 into an 1100GZ?!?

Oh, it "basically was hyabusa". I guess it's worth it because you can't get a running one for that little.

Between $400 and $600, if he's lucky.

I can hear his wife now: "I told you you'd never get it running."
              Hell, I give away stuff like that.
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

$8800????????? freaking amazing.......

I can't believe that thing is even safe to ride down the road, I'm really sick of this crap.
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

WOW??? Like, are you looking to buy something that (for you) will define “Buyers Remorse”?
                  Only a sick pervert would pay that price.

favorite this post Stretched Out Bobber - In Vancouver - $8800 hide this posting

image 1 of 19
                  Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 06-26-2016, 09:34 AM.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

As i'm looking at the seat/footpeg/handlebar distances my back, kidneys, wrists, calfs and thighs began to scream in pain. This thing is a rolling billboard for permanent chiropractic therapy. Is there something in the water that causes this kind of crap to be churned out endlessly?

"Meticulously maintained. Runs and drives perfectly"

He changes the air in the tires every month, and the chain idler has a built-in oiler.

"...military-themed chopper/bobber"

Yeah, flat camo green gas tank, ammo box for electrics and courier bag hanging from the frame. GI Joe at its finest.
                    1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
                    1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
                    1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
                    1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

But it's "super bitchin"...!

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                        But it's "super bitchin"...!

Worth at least a thousand craigslist dollars.

Comment

I bet Jay Leno would love this, to use as a boat anchor.

Comment

So which is it - a 1982 or a 2017?

82 Suzuki Gs650L bobber - $650 hide this posting restore this posting < image 1 of 3 >

2017 Suzuki Gs650
                            fuel: gas
                            title status: clean
                            transmission: manual

This is an 82 gs650L with a new custom made exhaust with new battery rebuilt carbs new tires new air filters new oil. All it needs is a professional tune from a shop. So you can NOT drive it away, needs the tune to be drivable! I have a sweet blue gas tank and a custom made seat. Also have all the original parts with me. Good title in hand. Text preferred!
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I guess Idaho potatoes must be tainted in some way.

"Wow! So ugly it's awesome. Custom hand made beast. Fast, fun and gets a ton of attention."

Ugly is the new awesome I guess.
                              1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
                              1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
                              1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
                              1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

That seat is what, 3 inches wide? So him and his skinny bitch ride on their tail bones?
                                Military could have used that ride for interrogations 15 years ago at Guantanamo.

Comment

Working...
                                X