Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell is going on today?!?

CUSTOM TAYLORED SEAT???

1980 Suzuki GS750 Oxide Six Zero - $2500 (Franklin Park)

Hello,

Up for sale is my pride and joy, labor of love, Suzuki GS750E. Picked it up when it was super neglected and over the past year i was building it up. Modified frame to drop seating point, custom tailored seat to comfortably accommodate a passanger. New tires, brake pads, chain, drive sprocket, both controls, turn signals with controls, spark plugs, petcock and all gaskets. Wrapped 4-1 exhaust with silencer, motor and carbs rebuilt 300 miles ago, custom air cleaner. The whole idea for this bike was to make a rat/reliable daily for access to work. Its branded with an Oxide logo and a six zero model name on the tank. I rode it this season multiple times with no issues. Only concer is it needs to be cranked a little longer when cold due to different air cleaner. I have invested about 2K in parts to make this baby run with no problems.

I will include a battery tender for winter storing.

Any offer will be considered as long as it is within reasonable room.
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
      What the hell is going on today?!?

CUSTOM TAYLORED SEAT???

1980 Suzuki GS750 Oxide Six Zero - $2500 (Franklin Park)

Good taste forbids me from saying what that looks like.
      Some people just have no objectivity and get all wrapped up in their project, little realising what it looks like to a fresh pair of eyes.
      Hell, even the auto makers of the 70s did that - look at the turd coloured cars and bikes of that era.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
        A 3 Musketeers bar?

Mr. Hanky (the Christmas poo)?
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yeah, excellent starter bike.

Can anybody tell me what's going on at the rear? Hard tail? Two exhaust canisters?
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
            Yeah, excellent starter bike.

Can anybody tell me what's going on at the rear? Hard tail? Two exhaust canisters?
            I'm trying to figure out what's going on with the seat.

Comment

http://lakeland.craigslist.org/mcy/5055679675.html
              I think that black canister is housing the tail light, is the savage a mono-shock bike?

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                Some people just have no objectivity and get all wrapped up in their project, little realising what it looks like to a fresh pair of eyes.
                Hell, even the auto makers of the 70s did that - look at the turd coloured cars and bikes of that era.
                tuck and bolt upholstery

Comment

Originally posted by jbird7262 View Post
                  http://lakeland.craigslist.org/mcy/5055679675.html
                  I think that black canister is housing the tail light, is the savage a mono-shock bike?
                  Not in the real world.

Comment

In one of the pics you can see where a solid strut was put in,in the place of rear suspension.
                    The savage had 2 conventional shocks,mounted externally.
                    Just curious,if all theses rigid bikes ride so "nice",why don't the manufacturers save money by not putting the high tech suspension systems on new motorcycles?????

Comment

Really not funny. EEgit!
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

And this A-hole thinks his work increased the value? Why doesn't he just keep it if he thinks it looks good?

What a complete ass-wipe!

Comment

Too bad. That "was" a really nice. GS750. Bummer

Comment

Now that's a damn shame... That was a beautiful bike...
                            '83 GS 1100T
                            The Jet

sigpic
                            '95 GSXR 750w
                            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Ah man!! Those are the ones I get disappointed over. I subtle OEM enhancement woulda been all that bike really needed as it was cool to begin with. A sport fairing and some super bike bars. Easily reversible. Done!

But no, he had to chop it up and put a butt ass ugly uncomfortable seat on it.

That's not funny, that's a damn shame.

Comment

Working...
                              X