No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cafe racer? The cafe would be closed by the time you got there.
    The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
      If he gets his price he will have made $800 for turning the handlebars upside down. Who could you beat? A bicycle? My leaf blower has more horsepower.....
      Agreed about flipping the handlebars and charging a premium.
      Besides that though, it's all about fun. I have an old 2 stroke, 3 speed manual shift, 78cc scooter, and whenever I go for loops around the block on it, the result is always a dumb smile stuck on my face....
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Suzuki GS 550E - $5000 (Manassas)

image 1 of 5

1978 Suzuki GS 550E

fuel: gas
        paint color: black
        title status: clean
        transmission: manual

I have for sale my fathers Suzuki GS 550 E, it's all original and only has 4,500 miles. It's a one owner bike, he bought it brand new in 78. Email with any questions
        • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
        2010 Honda VFR1200F
        1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
        Being Revisited
        1981 Honda CM400T
        http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

^ hmm ....better deals in Canada... Here's one with all the work done!

1978 honda cb400t cafe project - $550 (victoria)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

honda cb400t

fuel: gas
          transmission: manual

Complete bike with papers

Comment

sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Not CL but.....
              sigpic
              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
              1983 GS1100e
              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
              1980 GS1260
              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Does this bike have any distinction?
                $1800 worth???
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                  $1800 worth???
                  What the heck is up with that???

Found this... thing...

Comment

^^^I think it's a chopper,bobber, cafe, rat , scooter sprty dooky bike???
                    I like to be positive and remember it might have been a total wreck missing everything to begin , BUT can't even justify some.
                    When/why the heck they don't have a seperate section for scooter and mopeds and electric toys and scooter chairs??? Probably wouldn't matter. Like the accessories mixed in...

The bolts on ebay ad was funny. Up there^^

I noticed a bunch of GS ads lately. Hard to say whether probably members bikes. One was funny /cool.
                    An 850 project the builder "lost interest in"...can't find it now. $400. Ad read at end, "There's a network of [helpful] people out there for these bikes and they have a forum.""..And their leader is called BassCliff"

EXACTLY like that. Can't find ad again. maybe bike sold
                    just odd funny was all...
                    Here's My latest funny ad. Just makes me chuckle to look at. cool , but funny ad:

"Enduro runs just needs throttle cable and ranger needs a few parts will trade both for something else"

LOL , the guy with a running scooter/moped maybe should reply...just funny ad IMO is all.
                    Why have ads been stating "Just needs a throtamacable is all" since I was little BTW???

Was up doing Christmas browsing online...No sleep. Here's a cool under $5 thingamajig, would wrap on the stupid cafe tail IF a little brighter model. I might get one for extra lighting on my plate..(I have no affiliation with ad, just noticed again is all):Light LED thing for like $5 MUST sleep couple hours...got most of gifts planned out. Just enough Time to make sure got everything...This post has me seeing same bikes reposted for less $ I liked before ad went down. ...Just need to ride the bike got and forget a few/the rest quick , that's what'd happen... G'day!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldman99 View Post
                      What the heck is up with that???

Found this... thing...
                      https://loz.craigslist.org/mcy/5882263081.html
                      Can't hate the price:
                      Honda 647 cc Hawk Builder bike - $550 (Buffalo)

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Pictures say a thousand words:

Comment

I wonder which "yesterday" he's talking about. Maybe he's been in a coma for a few years.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                          Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                            Or repeat the same word a thousand times.
                            97 R1100R
                            Previous
                            80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Now THIS is a wonderful, descriptive picture, no?

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                              Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                                $1800 worth???
                                probably worth that much if you sold it for parts, so that's not out of line.

A local motorcycle shop knew I had acquired a GS1150ef that needed a considerable amount of restoration work but he still offered me $2K for it as it was. One of his mechanics offered me the same amount, I turned them both down. I checked ebay prices and figured I could get at least $3k myself if I sold it for parts. I didn't, I spent about $3k to restore and ride it and never regretted doing it.
                                1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Working...
                                X