No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not funny in the humorous sense (well...) but interesting enough to garner at least a smile. I would ride this, just for the wow factor.

1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
    1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
    1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
    1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
      Very powerful and no way to stop. Great combination.

You don't want to use the front brake anyway, ... you'll go over the handlebars.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

it had my interest until o read ... 45mph

Originally posted by oregonjake View Post
        Not funny in the humorous sense (well...) but interesting enough to garner at least a smile. I would ride this, just for the wow factor.

82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
        80 gs1000s

Comment

Sell it back to China, they got money now.
          Would probably get attention at any antique bike show.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
            Sell it back to China, they got money now.
            Would probably get attention at any antique bike show.
            oh yes, they do but I think they are still making them- (as they are still making "Urals" in Russia (albeit the new urals are said to be much improved,,,)That in fact looks to be a new bike and not manufactured in 1957 at all. bit of a con in that ad I think.

added: yes here's a link

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
              oh yes, they do but I think they are still making them- (as they are still making "Urals" in Russia (albeit the new urals are said to be much improved,,,)That in fact looks to be a new bike and not manufactured in 1957 at all. bit of a con in that ad I think.

added: yes here's a link
              http://www.chang-jiang.com/bmw/motor.html
              I think its a Ural in one of the Geico commercials with a sidecar and trailer.
              1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

"Licensed as" sent up a flag for me.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by oregonjake View Post

Was thinking, Oh, one of those goofy things with cyclinders sticking out both sides.....

But, ah, no, ah, um, er... Chang Jiang

******** COPY - PASTE ****************
                  This is licensed as a 1957 Chang Jiang. It has a 750cc sidevalve engine with 4 forward speeds and one reverse. This was originally hooked to a sidecar, but is now a solo bike. This is a little bit like owning a Model A Ford. Not very fast, but is a conversation starter everywhere you stop. Cruises easily at 45mph, maybe a little faster, but definitely NOT for use on the interstate. Do your homework. The CJ750 is a Chinese copy of a Russian copy of a BMW R71.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

1980 Suzuki Gs 400 total rebuild, super fun bike to ride.

A dreamer for sure,At least this one looks finished,in more ways than oneYes that's all the seller says

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                      How do those front brakes work?
                      You reach down with a pair of pliers and squeeze. Of course, that would only be with one hand, unless you're really brave.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                      Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

1980 Suzuki Gs 400 total rebuild, super fun bike to ride.
                        yes, at $3995, it needs to be a lot more fun to ride than an unmolested 400 . still, at least it's not matt black everywhere.....I always wonder what happens to these and if they do actually sell. I have yet to see one on the road but maybe I am notstopping at cool-enough cafes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post

yes, at $3995, it needs to be a lot more fun to ride than an unmolested 400 . still, at least it's not matt black everywhere.....I always wonder what happens to these and if they do actually sell. I have yet to see one on the road but maybe I am notstopping at cool-enough cafes.
                          That is one of the better looking "cafe" bikes I've seen, but me at 6'4" I make my 1100G look smallish. I'd make that look child size.
                          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Typical "project". Started and never finished. Why the first thing they do is cut the frame?

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                            1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                            1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

I am liking that pipe. Is it a yoshi or bassani?

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
                              Typical "project". Started and never finished. Why the first thing they do is cut the frame?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/5787524710.html
                              82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                              80 gs1000s

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X