Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

again not cl but hillarious
    the cost of the effort to post compared to the likelihood of a sale is sweet
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      $4000.00 for a badly started, half finished cafe racer?
      I think it is a GS850.

Ridiculous price aside, it doesn't look that bad. It looks like the back end may still be intact, but it's hard to tell with a bunch of pictures that are basically the same.
      Agreed on the wood floor. It would probably smell forever if gas got on it.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        I think it is a GS850.
        The ad says it's an '84, but all the clues I am seeing say that it's an '80 or '81.

And I think the decimal point is off by at least one position.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

It amazes me at just how many people will sell warped rotors.
          Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
            It amazes me at just how many people will sell warped rotors.
            As most here can testify, I'm the least knowledgeable, least likely to DIY. But I'm going to venture a guess that you can't actually use a "slightly bent" rotor on a bike, correct?
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
              As most here can testify, I'm the least knowledgeable, least likely to DIY. But I'm going to venture a guess that you can't actually use a "slightly bent" rotor on a bike, correct?
              Well, buy it, try it and let us know.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I had a bent disc for awhile. it worked but was annoying and I could see how it could have been dangerous.
                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Slightly bent is like slightly pregnant. Neither are good.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    Ridiculous price aside, it doesn't look that bad. It looks like the back end may still be intact, but it's hard to tell with a bunch of pictures that are basically the same.
                    Agreed on the wood floor. It would probably smell forever if gas got on it.
                    The crank end sticker is askew but looks new. Maybe thats what finally broke the guys will?
                    1983 GS 550 LD
                    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                      I had a bent disc for awhile. it worked but was annoying and I could see how it could have been dangerous.
                      A bent or warped rotor is basically scrap metal. I warped my rear on my Kbike and it produced hellish pulsation in the rear brake pedal.
                      Their is some degree of corection that can be made by surface grinding I suppose but the tolerance on a disc is pretty small. Not much metal to remove before its too thin for service.

Actually its shocking that you see so much pure junk on ebay perhaps the breakers use minions with no knowledge of the purpose and functioning of the parts? min wage lackeys that simply post an ad for every bit that comes off a teardown?

I wonder if its true that ebay started with the sale of a broken laser pointer...........purchased by a guy who just happened to collect broken laser pointers.
                      1983 GS 550 LD
                      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                        I wonder if its true that ebay started with the sale of a broken laser pointer...........purchased by a guy who just happened to collect broken laser pointers.
                        I used to tell computer clients it was a broken mouse pad. Surprising how many said, "Oh. Can it be fixed?"
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

We call bent rotors targets around here.

V
                          Gustov
                          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                          81 GS 1000 G
                          79 GS 850 G
                          81 GS 850 L
                          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                          80 GS 550 L
                          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                          2002 Honda 919
                          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

This one is actually GS relevant. Enjoy.
                            Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                            Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                              https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...7556029643621/
                              Yeah this thing is awesome! Not a bad price, too

1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                              1977 GS550
                              1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                                https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...7556029643621/
                                I rather like that. Ok, it's a bit barnyard conversion, and needs some finesse but the idea's solid enough. Needs a fat car tyre on the back and since it's a chainy it's relatively easy to do.
                                That should make quite a good little canyon carver - or cow crap burner around here.
                                ---- Dave
                                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                                X