X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
    http://worcester.craigslist.org/mcy/2409104087.html

Being an interpreter, I'm going to translate this ad for you:

this bike just came in friday,it is a barn fresh 1972 YANKEE 500cc twin 2 stroke.these were only built for a few years. [ I think it's rare so I'm going to charge too much for it]
    bike is 85 % complete motor turns over, [doesn't run, probably full of dirt (see below)]
    carbs are stuck(air cleaner gone) [carbs need to be cleaned as they are full of dirt because of missing air cleaner]
    original tires [which you will have to replace]
    +acront rims [?]
    fiberglass tank+rear fender(front gone) also have all books and some spare parts. [again will overcharge you to get rid of junk from my garage]
    wont be able to get photo's up till tuesday or show the bike till then.but call scott for more info,this is a reae classic oddball bike !
    scott cell 978-833-6702 price is $ 1,000.00[!] and is firm
    The Yankee 500 is a very rare and desirable bike - created and designed by Dick Mann for Yankee Motors. If there's much of it left, $1,000 could be a steal
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I don't think I could get away with getting another bike so soon after picking up the CB200, otherwise I'd go make this guy an offer:

Comment

Cool bike - ugly paint job.
        Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

Miscellaneous bike parts-Will take offers
          Call xxx-xxx-xxxx

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

I'm just trying to figure out what part of the bike the helmet and horns go on?
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

i think you said it, its a helmet it goes on riders head or at least it suppose to not sure i would ever wear it as a protection more like a defense device. Maybe good for Halloween?

Comment

Just.......wow...

Current Bikes:
              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Not a GS but still......

Comment

$7500 is too much for that model CBX, regardless of the condition. 5K would be more of a realistic price. Though it has all of the Hondaline stuff, it just doesn't command the dollars that an OE '79 or '80 does.

Comment

It came that way. Late model CBX's were made into sport tourers and that's the way they came from Honda.

Honda was blowing them out for like $2,500 for a couple of years in the 80's
                    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                    2007 DRz 400S
                    1999 ATK 490ES
                    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

In '79 and '80, bare was the only way they came. The later models had the color matched fairing, luggage, and Pro Link. Performance wise, they didn't run as well but placed it into the sport touring niche where I think it fit well. Sales weren't so good maybe because of the timing.

Honda, at the same time, also started to outfit the GL1100 in the crate with its own touring hardware. The Interstate was born and sales were tremendous. I sold a bunch of them at the dealership I worked at. "Hondaline" was given to all of the add-ons and accessories, such as racks and audio equipment.....the same for the CBX and 900/1000C.

A few weeks ago, I could have purchased an '82 CBX in great condition for $2500. Try that with a '79.

Comment

Took stock bike. Chopped. Quadruples the price and calls it for sale.

How come we haven't figured out this get rich scheme. Do you think people actually shell out close to 5 large for a bike like this?

Comment

This is what happens when I have nothing to do at work. I peruse CL and find many funny things.

Like this one. Apparently its an ass chopper that will break your neck if you sit on it. Any you must pay $13,000 for this privilege!

Comment

1994 eclipse $800 obo or will trade for honda civic - $800 (west milton ohio)

Date: 2011-06-01, 7:52PM EDT
                            Reply to: sale-7mdfs-2415707449@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
                            i am wanting to trade my 94 eclipse for a honda civic but i will also sell it. the car is not bad looking at all. but it needs some work to it. it needs some wireing adjustment for the radio and the talilights. it has two dents on both doors. it needs two rear wheel barrings and alignment. it gonna need a battery also. no rust on the body. needs a oil change but i can do tht. i cand throw in some cash for a honda with the trade of my car also if i like it. im tryiin get rid of this car because i dont know nothing about wiring so text or call with any offers or if you wanna bye 937-329-1666 names michael

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Comment

This one is a project? Why? It's 100% original, right???

Comment

Originally posted by Don-lo View Post
                                This one is a project? Why? It's 100% original, right???

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/2417466418.html
                                I never knew that Kawasaki sourced their engines from Briggs and Stratton

Comment

Working...
                                X