No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i started mine, let it warm up, revved it a few times and shut it off. ill be out and about next spring.

brian
    Brian

82 GS1100E
    sigpic

Comment

That looks like my sort of road Toasty, nice

I went out Saturday with one of the Kat guys and a mate from work... three of us together means we're an "association" according to our new anit-bikie laws but no interrogations by the powers that be.

Nice little run up to Mt Mee, but I had one of those days on Campbells Pocket Rd where I just couldn't get into a nice rhythm and stuffed a few too many corners up... still fun all the same!

It was a bit smoky up the top due to some back burning:

Matt with his GSXR 750, my wee beastie, and Derek's beasty Kat:

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

18 (67degrees) and sunny here today!!!
        This is my local Pumpkin patch, doing a brisk business today.
        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
          back roads together to get me there. Wildcat canyon, Grizzly Peak, Skyline Rd, Redwood Rd and Palomares Rd. .....

No pics off the bike but here are a few screen shots from the gopro.

Really great on-the-road shots. Thanks for posting.

I see that you don't seem to have the affliction of most other southern CA guys, and are not using 3 letter abbreviation for each road.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by reliant_turbo View Post
            i started mine, let it warm up, revved it a few times and shut it off. ill be out and about next spring.

brian
            Hopefully you don't do this very often, it's the worst thing you can do to a bike.

Don't start it unless you are going to go for a ride (or perform maintenance).
            Unless you go for a ride, it will not get up to full temperature to "burn off" all the condensation in the crankcase and mufflers.

Condensation in the oil will drip down into the oil, mix with the pollutants there and create acids, which don't help anything.
            Condensation in the mufflers will mix with the fumes there, settle down to the lowest level and rust out your pipes from the inside.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Assassins Tour to Bruge (Belgium)

Got my baby all the way there and back and she didn't miss a beat. Here are the tour photos:

Tour Photos

Some of those are these:

Richard
              sigpic
              GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
              GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
              GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
              GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
              Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
              Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Originally posted by londonboards View Post
                Got my baby all the way there and back and she didn't miss a beat. Here are the tour photos:

Tour Photos

Some of those are these:

Your photo album is locked. Bruge is a great little town. { translation beer and lots of it }
                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Fingers crossed this is not my last ride of the year.
                  Ended up at Niagara Falls and managed to get a rainbow in the pic.
                  Now where is the pot of gold.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Finished adjusting the valves last night and synced the carbs this morning. Boy what a difference. All the vibration that was in the bars is gone. Anyway then I went for a ride. Couldn't get a pic of the bike on the roads I was on was to wet on the edges to leave the bike on the stand and much to dangerous to leave it in the road. I did get a pic of the road and some fall colors though.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                      Fingers crossed this is not my last ride of the year.
                      Ended up at Niagara Falls and managed to get a rainbow in the pic.
                      Now where is the pot of gold.

Fice looking piece there Steve. ss brake lines, train lite, corbin, 6 into 6, led turn sig, I love a naked 81. CBR coils? I see the red wires. do you have JRs alt?

Comment

Went for a spin around town today to check out how the bike is running after azr and his helper, (me), got it running again after 6-7 weeks of being unable to start. One Dyna S ignition system and a thorough cleaning up of the wiring loom and Voila! It runs better than at any time I've had it up 'til now.

This used to be touted as the "World's Highest Totem Pole". Don't know if it is true any more, but it is still quite tall, and even a little taller sometimes when there is a bald eagle or a sh!thawk sitting on top of it!

IBA# 12860
                        Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                        1984 KZ1100R
                        2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                        2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
                          Went for a spin around town today to check out how the bike is running after azr and his helper, (me), got it running again after 6-7 weeks of being unable to start. One Dyna S ignition system and a thorough cleaning up of the wiring loom and Voila! It runs better than at any time I've had it up 'til now.

This used to be touted as the "World's Highest Totem Pole". Don't know if it is true any more, but it is still quite tall, and even a little taller sometimes when there is a bald eagle or a sh!thawk sitting on top of it!

Awesome Glenn!!
                          No signature

Comment

This past Sunday went for a 60 mile round trip ride from New Haven, CT to Hubbard Park, Meriden, CT. Nice ride, about 60 degrees F. Ran the primary tank out of gas to get fuel milage. Then switched to reserve and found a gas station. I get 68 mpg in my GS300L.

Comment

Sharp looking L, Hoser.
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by redstedman View Post
                                Fice looking piece there Steve. ss brake lines, train lite, corbin, 6 into 6, led turn sig, I love a naked 81. CBR coils? I see the red wires. do you have JRs alt?

Thanks, John.
                                It does have a J.R. conversion. Raasks, Earls cooler, Dyna coils and ignition, an old Fox Twin Clicker that still works and 18" Euro boomerangs.
                                It is a lot of fun to ride. Makes a great racket.
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X