No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My grandson went for ride today, sort of ....

He "helped" me clean up this GK seat I got on EBay (have been looking for couple years).

And then went for a ride on it, before it went back in box.
    (Maybe a couple weeks before get GK out of back corner of garage and uncover it.)

We did other things today also.
    More pics/story in OT http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?t=220256

Dave
    Last edited by Redman; 04-05-2014, 06:09 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Cloudcroft, NM - 5 Apr 2014

It was cold up in Cloudcroft today. Had a quick bite in this joint then came back to Alamogordo. My "T" did pretty good for elevation 8650.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
        Keeping the Kat theme... met up with three other fellas for what turned out to be a very short ride yesterday. Two Kats, an 1100G, and my 450.

Reg wasn't feeling well (leaning on the Kat) and I discovered my front tyre is looking a little... well... used... so we decided a short local ride for brekky was enough for the day.

This week's goal for me... track down some tyres!
        Pete. Check out Pirelli's. I put them on my Kat last fall and I think they're... AWESOME!
        1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
        1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

YES I did ! It was finally a nice day, and I rode both Susan and the Big Kawi !

Comment

Yesterday's ride with Glenn and Dave. Boy we sure live in a beautiful place.

No signature

Comment

Went out for a different ride today...my son and I got the dirt bikes out today. Rained the whole time. Nothing better than riding with your boy.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post

That's completely biased ! Accurate but biased......
                  Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    What a treat of a ride! It was fun to see, and hear, that throaty new/old Trumpet keep up, too!
                    IBA# 12860
                    Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                    1984 KZ1100R
                    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                    2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Keep 'em comin' guys, love seeing all you lot out and about enjoying it

Originally posted by odin1 View Post
                      Pete. Check out Pirelli's. I put them on my Kat last fall and I think they're... AWESOME!
                      That's what I have on there... Sport Demons... I love 'em, but I think the problem is that the sizing is just not right for the 450. I should have a 90/90-18 on the front but the SD's only come in 100/90-18 and up... I think it makes the profile too "pointy" for longevity... If it was only a weekend bike it would be fine, but the commute/weekend compromise is the big killer...
                      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Tularosa & Mescalero, New Mexico - 6Apr2014

Took a late ride today...up on Route 70 towards Tularosa then Mescalero. I'm glad I bundled up; it was briefly snowing on my way down from the Mountain. Let me tell you about the wind...WOW!!!

I was leg-squeezin' my tank and hiding under the instrumentation panel like nobody's business! For a sec, I thought the wind was gonna toss my bike to the side but I kept her straight and she pressed forward. I'm getting plenty of training riding in HIGH winds here in New Mexico. Enjoy the pics!

Here's where the weather got interesting...

Ed
                        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Beautiful scenery. What a pleasure it must be to have all that open road to yourself. What's the temperature over there this time of year?
                          1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
                          1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                            Took a late ride today...up on Route 70 towards Tularosa then Mescalero. I'm glad I bundled up; it was briefly snowing on my way down from the Mountain. Let me tell you about the wind...WOW!!!

I was leg-squeezin' my tank and hiding under the instrumentation panel like nobody's business! For a sec, I thought the wind was gonna toss my bike to the side but I kept her straight and she pressed forward. I'm getting plenty of training riding in HIGH winds here in New Mexico. Enjoy the pics!

Ed
                            Yeah ain't our winds fun! Especially in the mountains. Pipes look good Ed, no bluing. I'm hoping the Earth ride the 26th will be wind free. I think you'll enjoy the ride we will be doing. Say this Sat we going to a Blessing of the bikes event, then to the Elks club for the after party. Interested?
                            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Fun, Fun, Fun!!!

Originally posted by odin1 View Post
                              Beautiful scenery. What a pleasure it must be to have all that open road to yourself. What's the temperature over there this time of year?
                              Thanks! Yeah, it's great to have all this open road to open her up! Temps were mild...70F. But when I got to the mountains in Mescalero, it was a different story. There was a little bit of snow that dropped on me while coming down. I was bundled up pretty good but the cold air fogged up my helmet.

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                              Yeah ain't our winds fun! Especially in the mountains. Pipes look good Ed, no bluing. I'm hoping the Earth ride the 26th will be wind free. I think you'll enjoy the ride we will be doing. Say this Sat we going to a Blessing of the bikes event, then to the Elks club for the after party. Interested?
                              Fun, fun, fun! That winds kicks around like nobody's business! I put alot of trust in my 500 lb bike.

Sounds like a nice time...I'll let you know if I can make it!

Ed
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Hey Ed all you need for your bike is a couple side plates to finish that baby off , pipe and shocks looks great !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X