anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice out?

Even though the brutal frost heaves have subsided some on the NH roads and temps are expected near 70 this weekend there is still plenty of ice on the back road ponds around here today. Shaking out the cobwebs for my daughter's new ride.

Comment

Man, that's quite a leap! 70 F with lakes frozen! Hope that's not flood country...But I'll bet you folks are glad to be out of winter ,floods or not!

Comment

I didn't go for a ride today, but I'm just over half way through a 22 hour drive, from Kitscoty AB to St. François Xavier MB.

Long cold drive but it's worth it!!!!

Comment

SSCCCOOOORRREEEEEE! very nice indeed. I'm sure we'll see the details of the exchange in a future thread. You bringing that to the rally??

Trevor and I got out for a 300+ km ride today. Fantastic ride and day had by all. Stopped at a shop in Parksville to have a look at the new Royal Enfield, the "Continental GT". Looks kinda ok, but unfortunately it's still a Royal Enfield. Spotted an lower crankcase oil leak on one and just 'loved' the baffle weld that was painted over. All that being said it might be the right bike for the right person.

Regardless of the Enfield thrashing, had a great ride in fantastic weather,
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Yes it was a great ride with AZR today! I installed an addition to my sport shield today. Should be good fro our trip later this month,

No signature

Comment

It needs a lot of work to be nice so I'm not sure it'll be ready for riding by the time of the rally.
              I got 2 other bikes in line before it.

True to my experience, as soon as I got a new bike, the nice weather turned to s h i t.
              This is what I woke up to this morning in Brandon MB.

Could be worse though, I could be driving home with NOT skunk!
              Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2014, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
                It needs a lot of work to be nice so I'm not sure it'll be ready for riding by the time of the rally.
                I got 2 other bikes in line before it.

True to my experience, as soon as I got a new bike, the nice weather turned to s h i t.
                This is what I woke up to this morning in Brandon MB.

Could be worse though, I could be driving home with NOT skunk!

Chasing skunks in the snow?! Good times. I love a good rescue story.

cg
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Just admit it Steel Toed Tank,
                  Your a polar bear!

Comment

Originally posted by Badooka View Post
                    Just admit it Steel Toed Tank,
                    Your a polar bear!
                    i'd love to see polar bear....they are cute (and ferocious )

Comment

Tank,
                      How did you find this one??
                      Can you share the purchase price?

Drive safe!

Comment

i was ride yesterday with few new friends i met in borneo island....all suzuki's bike
                        they are originally borneo people...and its 3rd times i met with them

Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2014, 11:59 AM.

Comment

This is the one in my signature that I talked about in that thread with the two T's for sale.
                          I paid for it over a month ago, just couldn't work out the logistics of getting it home until this weekend.
                          Paid $1000 for it. Might seem like too much but it's the only one I've ever seen for sale in the prairies in almost three years.
                          Tank is good, seat pan is good, it has engine mods and it runs!
                          Of course a thread will be coming very soon.
                          Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2014, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by celesboy1 View Post
                            i'd love to see polar bear....they are cute (and ferocious )
                            Just make sure it's in a zoo otherwise you're lunch !
                            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Well decent weather finally! And got the cleaned, rebuilt carbs back on the Trophy yesterday. (Also new airbox, boots, clamps, coils, petcock, and various missing fasteners)

Still got some work to do, but she is running 100 times better than when I brought her home last fall.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Beautiful Triumph. Bikes where the luggage is designed with the bike in mind look so much better......
                                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X