No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple tanks of gas and ended up by this flower nursery.
    Row after row of roses.
    Crummy photos but it was beautiful and smelled amazing.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Yes I did, did a couple hundred miles loop to Reelfoot Lake Tennessee and back. I could have taken more direct straighter roads but why?

sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
        Nice Tim! Does this mean you got your license sorted?

We still have to catch up for that swap yet...
        Yeah Mate, all legal now!

Comment

Glad to hear it
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I was out on my ZX, er... GS14 this afternoon!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Yesterday I put 275kms on the beemer in the morning, then went and took my wife out for lunch up Island. We had lunch here at a place that seems to have a hard time staying in business. It certainly is not because of the view..Awesome!!

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                Yesterday I put 275kms on the beemer in the morning, then went and took my wife out for lunch up Island. We had lunch here at a place that seems to have a hard time staying in business. It certainly is not because of the view..Awesome!!

Gorgeous view! Where is that?
                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                  Gorgeous view! Where is that?
                  That's the Malahat Restaurant just before the Shawnigan turn off.
                  No signature

Comment

tonight we rode about 75 miles to just north of niagara falls, ny. a great outdoor theatre right on the edge of the niagara river gorge called ArtPark.

the metal of the day....

Megadeth

i love riding the bike to concerts, you get the best parking spots. the band was tight and the ride was smooth. got home about 0130 alive and well.

next concert i gotta remember to actually take a picture of the bikes.
                    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                    82 gs1100L probably the next project
                    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      That's the Malahat Restaurant just before the Shawnigan turn off.
                      Guess the panoramic picture threw me off. Looks totally different!
                      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

BMW bike night...

No signature

Comment

Went out for a short ride last night. Ended up down by the marina. Good times.

Comment

Prior to heading out for local bike night.

Comment

we loaded up the 1000G for a picnic at letchworth park yesterday. all this stuff fit on the bike.

we wandered along the gorge a ways to see the sights from the less busy side of the river.

sometimes your picnic is disturbed by the roar of a hot air balloon. these guys are pretty good drivers. they'll take the balloon right down into the gorge if the wind will let them.

the middle falls, highest of three waterfalls in the park.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                              82 gs1100L probably the next project
                              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Took a ride on Hiway 28 between Las Cruces and El Paso.
                                A favorite watering hole for the biker crowd. Forgot to mention, probably has the best dang Mexican food around. There is the cafe to the left, though you can eat at the bar (pictured) as well. Talk about your atmosphere in there (just gotta experience it yourself).

Parked next to a blooming Pima cotton field, the green and red trap is what I inspect on a weekly basis.

The Organ mountains in the background.

Parked along Hiway 28 as it goes through Stahmans pecan orchard. 4,000 acres of nutty trees.

The mighty Rio Grande!

And my final stop for the day, the Roadrunner, made out of landfill items.

Here you can see some of those items.

A nice 130 mile loop, it was 105 when I got in at 3:45.
                                Last edited by mrbill5491; 07-25-2014, 09:41 AM.
                                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X