anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My morning commute

I stopped along the river contemplating whether I wanted to skip work today and spend the day riding. Here's my GS650G (ok it's a R65 but I'm still looking for a nice GS650G). I actually was skipping rocks and losing track of time before I came to my senses and resumed the commute to work...take this job and shove it may be coming sooner than later. I sculpted the seat foam for a better fit for my arse and thanks to my wonderful wife who made the new seat cover, we fitted it up together. Looks better than factory made!

Comment

Rode the Duffy Lake road between Pemberton and Lillooet BC one of the iconic bike roads.

Comment

One of my favourite roads...in the summer.
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

I keep wanting to do that loop run, Tsawwassen to Horseshoe Bay. I did the #12 in the car last year, that would be a great road on the bike, a bit narrow in spots though but very nice fast road, would be tons of fun.
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by RGM View Post
            Rode the Duffy Lake road between Pemberton and Lillooet BC one of the iconic bike roads.
            ....[/IMG]
            ]
            Great photo of bike (shadow and all) and scenery.
            Certainly no scenery like that around here, not within multiple states away.
            Thanks for posting.

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
            One of my favourite roads...in the summer.
            Originally posted by azr View Post
            ..........that would be a great road on the bike, a bit narrow in spots though but very nice fast road, ....
            Makes me want to see the road also.
            Hey, maybe I could lookup on Streetscape.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Another good ride is up to Anderson Lake for a Swim

Comment

My wife and I decided Friday night to leave Saturday morning for beautiful Astoria OR.
                We left on the 6:20am () ferry for Port Angeles. We rode down the coast as we were dodging rain and fires. lol...

Back in Port Angeles,,,lunch before the ferry..

12 Harleys and a chicken wing...I me on my my little beemer...

Home sweet home...

Active harbour we have...float plane taking off

No signature

Comment

Willy & son rode up to West Michigan. Bike Time & River Road.

Willy and son rode from Indiana. (I understand they left home about 8am, temp in low 60s.)
                  I meet them near Holland, about 11:30am, and then we went along the lakeshore, into Grand HAven so they could see the beach and pier.

Willy on left, and me on right (blocking view of pier end light house).

Then we rode up to Muskegon just to see a little of Muskegon Bike Time, and get some lunch at food vendors.

Willy son Nate, his Shadow 500, Willy's 1100GL, my 1100GK. Can see lots of bikes in background (and that is not the crowded area).
                  Is 10 blocks of bikes on both side of road and down the center. Plus the big H-D dealer (that looks like a suburban mall) big parking lot full.

Then got out of there by going out on one of the side roads, rather than ride down thru the crowded 10 blocks.

THen got out of town, and went for ride on roads along Muskegon River.
                  About the best the area has to offer, without getting too far from where Willy & Nate had to meet the rest of the family later in the afternoon.

Willy and his son

Willy and me

Got into Newaygo about 2PM and they had to head south to Grand Rapids area.

I headed back west to Muskegon.
                  A scene enroute.

GOt back into Muskegon and contacted Greg78GS750 again (had been texting back-n-forth most of the day), but he had already been there and gone.
                  Walked around Bike Time for a few minutes, and said I had seen enough and headed home.

Last edited by Redman; 07-23-2014, 07:32 PM. Reason: wrong pic.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Dale Hollow Dam, Celina, TN

Comment

Couple of nights ago, went for a short ride with the wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        Willy and son rode from Indiana. (I understand they left home about 8am, temp in low 60s.)
                        I meet them near Holland, about 11:30am, and then we went along the lakeshore, into Grand HAven so they could see the beach and pier.

Willy on left, and me on right (blocking view of pier end light house).

Then we rode up to Muskegon just to see a little of Muskegon Bike Time, and get some lunch at food vendors.

Willy son Nate, his Shadow 500, Willy's 1100GL, my 1100GK. Can see lots of bikes in background (and that is not the crowded area).
                        Is 10 blocks of bikes on both side of road and down the center. Plus the big H-D dealer (that looks like a suburban mall) big parking lot full.

Then got out of there by going out on one of the side roads, rather than ride down thru the crowded 10 blocks.

THen got out of town, and went for ride on roads along Muskegon River.
                        About the best the area has to offer, without getting too far from where Willy & Nate had to meet the rest of the family later in the afternoon.

Willy and his son

Willy and me

Got into Newaygo about 2PM and they had to head south to Grand Rapids area.

I headed back west to Muskegon.
                        A scene enroute.

GOt back into Muskegon and contacted Greg78GS750 again (had been texting back-n-forth most of the day), but he had already been there and gone.
                        Walked around Bike Time for a few minutes, and said I had seen enough and headed home.

Redman love these pics. Looks like a beautiful day & ride! Are you going to Moto GP this year? I will be there with my Dad & son. We will be riding my Cooley, Katana & GT750 this year. Hope to see you there.
                        1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Comment

Originally posted by viperg View Post
                          Redman love these pics. Looks like a beautiful day & ride! Are you going to Moto GP this year? I will be there with my Dad & son. We will be riding my Cooley, Katana & GT750 this year. Hope to see you there.
                          (I was thinking that was a crappy picture at the beach, as far as having good background scenery. Too crowded on summer Saturday to get any place for better pic.)

Yah, was mostly sunny, upper 70s by mid afternoon.
                          Took them on as much good roads as we have here, for the time they had.
                          I would offer same to about anybody comming this way, if I could get away at that time.

Yah, Was fun last year at MotoGP (especially with the Suzuki tent)
                          (Last year was a fathers day gift from my son.)
                          Not in plans for this year. (Last year got tickets early in year when cost was less. Track lap was like $10 adder and inside parking was $5.)
                          Thanks for thinking of me.

Dave

Last edited by Redman; 07-25-2014, 12:30 PM. Reason: blah blah

Comment

Think I found the problem with my pics. I went to check my flickr account and all my pics were gone. So I'm assuming when those pics aren't there, they don't show up on the post here. I find that some what weird. Anyways, read over some of flickr's policy on pics and deleted my account with them. I don't like the idea of someone popping in and taking copies of my pics.
                            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

On July2nd I started a trip that was supposed to last 4 or maybe 5 days over the holiday. I got back on the 19th after riding though Idaho, Montana, Washington, Oregon, Northern California and Nevada and back to Utah. I saw Parks that I didn't know existed, Places I had wanted to visit but never had the time and people who were beyond friendly and had not ONE traffic incident serious enough to comment on. In other words a trip of a lifetime in a little over 2 weeks. I'm editing some video and will post it on Youtube for anyone's interest here in the next couple of weeks.

I do want to say that without the help and information that I've gotten on this forum I would have NEVER been able to attempt a solo-trip like this. I didn't start riding again until two years ago when I got this 80 GS850GL and it has opened up a whole new world to me...

Thanks GSResources for all of your help.

Pics and videos to follow.
                              sigpic
                              Well, my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle.

1980 GS850GL

Comment

Originally posted by Uncamitzi View Post
                                Pics and videos to follow.
                                Please. Sounds like a good story.

Comment

Working...
                                X