No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Neither rain nor snow nor glom of nit can stay these messengers abot their duty"

I spent too long with inadequate protection to put up with it these days.
    Last edited by Grimly; 09-15-2020, 07:47 PM.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

some nice aircraft landing lights yah got there. Holy hell my bedroom window was on the side of the house directly inline with the local RCAF base glide path. The voodoo pilots would flip there lights on coming in two abreast one slightly aft and it was like sunshine. Lit up my star wars poster magnificently. Tax money well spent.

noreg the dry rider was one piece and had a really long high not very comfortable neck thing.
      Hondaline was twopiece but only leaked from the neck.
      1983 GS 550 LD
      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

35' this morning on my ride in... Around 4:30AM. Work is killing me right now, I got done around 10PM, Back at it by 5AM. Bring the kids back to campus has been possible but boy it's borderline not sustainable for the employees. All 130 of my employees worked OT last week... I had 70 hours logged in 5 days. Going to be a tough 9 more weeks.

Hoping to get out of work at a decent time today...
        Last edited by Jedz123; 09-16-2020, 08:55 AM.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
          "Neither rain nor snow nor glom of nit can stay these messengers abot their duty"

I spent too long with inadequate protection to put up with it these days.
          I love the looks of your bike!
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

That's a tough schedule, Jedz.
            As you well know, riding when physically and mentally worn out can be a dangerous venture.
            Please take care.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              That's a tough schedule, Jedz.
              As you well know, riding when physically and mentally worn out can be a dangerous venture.
              Please take care.
              This week is easier, I'll be at 55ish hours as long as I don't get called into work again over the weekend or the evenings.
              Rain and 30's F this AM... I took new (to me) car in.

Only image I got, I left the trailer at home.
              If i was working less I would run the bike but, too tired to mess with the VMAX at 4AM, in the rain and 30' weather.
              Best,
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

First day that I have been home and not cold and rainy in two weeks.
                So, go for ride.
                Stopped at this park on the river, just to see what was going on.

No boats going in/out. Is often one of the first places that see fall color around here, but not yet, and that is okay with me.

Noticed that the gate was open to the other part of the park that has been closed all summer due to high water over the road at the picknic area. The gate was open so I went over to that side of the park, went past piles of stone and some construction equipment. Stopped to look around at the construction going on. And along comes a front end loader. Driver glares at me as goes past.

I head back out and notice the frontend loader stopped at the gate, and looks like the guy hurries out and to the gate. As I am approaching, he is starting to close the gate, and he can see me comming and keeps on closing the gate, I keep going, and he doesnt stop closing the gate untill I am almost there. I wondered if he was just trying to make a point, or if was purposely trying to close me in there. (I know there is no good way out, cuz on previous occasions I have tried to find a way in around that gate.)
                Last edited by Redman; 09-17-2020, 09:24 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Could be he had to take poo read bad…you never know.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

What a jack-wagon Dave, at least he stopped closing the gate.
                    I would love to have the energy to ride. I got up[ again this AM and was too tired to get on the bike. Another Honda day.
                    Enjoy your weekends.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Got back yesterday from my Vermont-Adirondack trip.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                      82 gs1100L probably the next project
                      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Glad you made it back safe! Glad our paths were able to cross Eli!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Just got home from a 420 mile weekend, which took me to Payson, Flagstaff, Prescott, and Cave Creek before home again.

514303C6-AA1E-444E-A267-5838BD339CEC.jpg
                          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                            Just got home from a 420 mile weekend, which took me to Payson, Flagstaff, Prescott, and Cave Creek before home again.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61715[/ATTACH]
                            That is a beautiful ride. I have done that same route in slightly cooler weather.
                            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I never let the weather stop me, since we never know when our last opportunity will come. That said, the highs were only around 104 in the Valley, and 72 in Flag.
                              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

A short one, with a bunch of friends (not shown, see the Campfire)

IMG_20200920_131204794_HDR by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/159511674@N04/]T/url], on Flickr
                                1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                                1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                                1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                                1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                                1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                                1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                                2007 DRz 400S
                                1999 ATK 490ES
                                1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Working...
                                X