anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new "bagger"

Took 4 bolts off and disconnected the gang plug to remove the Vetter fairing and 3 screws to insert the headlight along with undoing 4 bolts to remove the trunk and in 15 minutes, presto!!, I had my "bagger". Hey if the Harley guys can take the same bike and call it 15 different models then I can transform my GS1000G from tourer to bagger to naked if I want. Here are some pics from my ride this afternoon.

Last edited by Guest; 10-15-2014, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
      ................................ riding through some fine western new york scenery. here's a picture of our stop at letchworth state park
      Nice photo. Bikes and scenery.
      I imagine that is just a little turn off from the road.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Nice photo. Bikes and scenery.
        I imagine that is just a little turn off from the road.

exactly. there are several overlooks in the park. the picture is from one on the less traveled (south eastern) side.
        The "Grand Canyon of the East," Letchworth is one of the most magnificent areas in the eastern U.S.

i highly recommend that anyone that passes through western new york check out letchworth park.

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
        What did you ride to VT rally?
        i had my skunk in vermont this year.
        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          Sunday morning ride along the Niagara Parkway.
          Not many nice days left around here.
          There is a beautiful dry-built stone fence that runs for about a mile. Great craftsmanship to my eye.

Since a Honda was posted. Got towed on a skateboard behind this bike. Steve, I'm sure you know what it is, even from the back side angle.
          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Ride home from work. Raining. 52 degrees.

Raining when left.
            20 miles on US31.
            Not raining so much after about half way. Stopped along way for some photos.

>>
            Later note:
            -I am about to conclude that it is not too bad to ride in 52 degree overcast chance of rain or raining, but 52 degrees IS too cold to wash bike when get home.

Last edited by Redman; 10-18-2014, 10:46 AM. Reason: add later note.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
              Since a Honda was posted. Got towed on a skateboard behind this bike. Steve, I'm sure you know what it is, even from the back side angle.
              Carter, it looks like a '65 S90?
              With a whopping 8 horsepower, on a good day you were taxing the limits being towed by that hot rod.
              Hope you had fun at the track day with your Kat.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

2 hour Sunday afternoon ride (50 degrees).
                Another fall color shot in same location of a couple weeks ago.
                And other location I have posted before (I know, I am boring.)

Comment

Ya but I don't remember that blue decal on your bike in the last picture. Very nice pictures indeed, man that is one nice bike.
                  Rob
                  1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                  Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Thanks for comments.

Originally posted by azr View Post
                    ...... that blue decal on your bike in the last picture. .....
                    ah... the aux light...?

Last edited by Redman; 10-20-2014, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Went for a nice spin this AM to Lebanon NH and back on the GSX650F. A bit brisk for a naked bike but it was fun to hooligan around!

Swapped Saddles on my way back and to work for the FZ1. She's a bit more equipped for colder days like today (only 45'). Sun finally broke through the clouds!

The trees have dropped their leaves... Winter is on the way. Raking the miles while I still can!!!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Not exactly, I mowed the lawn. This requires me to pull the antique motor scooter out of the shed though. When I was finished, both sons asked for a ride on the scooter. While riding, my giddy older son asked if this is what riding the motorcycle is like. When I replied that its similar, he said when he gets his license, he wants a scooter, not a car....
                        He also asked if he could try to ride the scooter. He did a good job of working the combination clutch/shifter contraption, and managed to stop without stalling it.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Got the 73 TX 750 out for a little jaunt. Part counter guy at the new Yamaha dealer here in Norman has one also. Told him next time I had it out I would stop by. His isnt running so I let him ride mine. Left him my number so when he gets ready to light the fire I can give him any help he needs.
                          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Got the 850 out today for a run across town and back as the mercury climbed enough. Halloween festival downtown made it interesting as far as traffic but it was worth it. Who knows how many more times I'll get to ride before snow flies.

Comment

Almost 88 down here right now. Shorts and AC is on. End of November to first part of December is usually the stop time around here. Then we start getting good temps again around end of March.
                              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Afternoon ride on the GS650E around the countryside....and fields.

Comment

Working...
                                X