No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

101_1225.jpgOpps forgot one, my bike and the group.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Another from today.
      http://
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I know exactly where you are talking about (Harbor Drive near the Bil-Mar where the sand blows over big time). Glad you weren't hurt too bad Dave.

I recognize those last two pictures, I was just riding down Leonard last night after work... No pics though

Comment

went for a ride yesterday, I still have to push start my bike since the starter is being weird. a good ride except just before get home my clutch cable snapped.

Comment

Just got home from Maryland.......8 fn hours. The bike and me are home in one piece, it only rained a little, and the tire plug held.
            Thats about all the good of that ride

More later.

Left the screw in the hotel desk drawer....
            20141009_223938.jpg..
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

My daughter and I made motorcycle noises atop the dismantled frame of ours. Does that count?

Comment

Great bike for the fall rides on New England dirt roads....

Comment

a few notes from my Maryland trip.....

This was an interesting trip for me.

The trip was for a work related recertification training course, so riding was simply a way (albeit a fun one) to get there. This had me questioning wether or not i should ride due to the fact that i dont have full confidence in my cycle. It has had an intermittent ticking for years that i now believe is the starter clutch- i plan to have a look at that and the clutch during the off season. I decided to ride anyway, figuring that it was only 230 miles away, and i was meeting a coworker there, so in theory all i had to do was arrive.....Just going for a little ride i kept telling myself...

Ive never been on a trip for that long, and my gear was packed to the max. So much so that the class materials were brought home by the coworker i met there.

Time constraints had me on the interstste on the way there buzzing at 80 plus in an effort to arrive before dark, which didnt happen, plus some unnumbered exits had me fumbling in the dark trying to find my hotel in an unfamiliar area, which was a bit stressful.

I had more time to get home so i fugured id avoid the interstate in favor of state roads for a more relaxed ride. Ive done this in the past with great results and an enjoyable ride, but the ride home in this instance was painful. Rt 30 in Pa was slow and ocassionally crowded with drivers of many different intents, traffic lights, potential left turners, and side streets. It had me reconsidering the interstate vs state road question, as i may have put myself at more potential risk on the state road, particularly in Lancaster Pa. It was however a Friday, so it is likely different on a weekend, when my rides usually happen. There were a few highlights on the return trip, but only a few. The giant hug from my son when i pulled into the driveway before i had a chance to take off my helmet was by far the best part of the ride home. It took me 8 frikkin hours to get home, and i now hate rt 30 and Philly traffic.

Riding in Frederick Md was an exercise in frustration. The area around the hotel was a vast expanse of strip malls at the junction of several highways. All the lights were delayed greens, and all with left hand arrows and always red-the waiting was aggravating. I got to do a bit of exploring, but the short time between class ending each day, homework, and my preferring not to ride after dark in a congested unfamiliar area limited that. Everytime i headed out and found some nice roads and began to get a good vibe, i would run right into a housing development and traffic.

Possibly miraculously, in my 22 years of street riding, ive never gotten a flat. That sort of ended on this trip. While there i picked up a drywall screw in my back tire, although it held air until i found a local dealer with a plug kit, and plugged it in a parking lot. Luckily it happened locally and during the week, not on the trip there or home. I will now always travel with the kit.

Like many riders, i obsessed on the weather. the forecast for my return trip varied from 60% chance of rain up to 90% the night before i was to go home. The next moring the chance dropped, and i hit a few showers, but none long enough to require me to get out the raingear.

All in all it will be a memorable trip - Those with some adversity generally are. Im glad i chose to live a little and ride that 30 year old GS. It was far more enjoyable then driving down in my rattly work van. My impression is that there is likely some decent riding down there, but i didnt have enough time to find it....Although i was generally content, i found that i dont enjoy solo trips like i once did.
                  Im aging i guess....

On Saturay, i drove 4 wheels for the first time in 6 days......Man it felt odd.
                  Last edited by dorkburger; 10-13-2014, 01:21 AM. Reason: add
                  sigpic

Glen
                  -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesWhut? View Post
                    My daughter and I made motorcycle noises atop the dismantled frame of ours. Does that count?
                    Yes, but only if you post pics of the event. har har har

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                    Great bike for the fall rides on New England dirt roads....
                    Great pics.
                    Road, bike, scenery. Give good idea of what the ride was like.
                    I recall such pictures of yours from previous years.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                      This was an interesting trip for me.

The trip was for a work related.
                      On Saturay, i drove 4 wheels for the first time in 6 days......Man it felt odd.
                      Nice story.

Esch... 8 hours for 230 miles ... and its not due to adventures and side trips ... ughhhh.

Will the next chapter of the story be about turning in for the mileage expense, and some corporate person (substitute any derogatory name here) raise issue with you riding bike on company business....?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        Nice story.

Esch... 8 hours for 230 miles ... and its not due to adventures and side trips ... ughhhh.

Will the next chapter of the story be about turning in for the mileage expense, and some corporate person (substitute any derogatory name here) raise issue with you riding bike on company business....?

Nah, they were ok with it. My service manager did e mail me on Saurday morning- she wanted to be sure I had arrived at home safely.
                        I work for good people.
                        sigpic

Glen
                        -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Sunday morning ride along the Niagara Parkway.
                          Not many nice days left around here.
                          There is a beautiful dry-built stone fence that runs for about a mile. Great craftsmanship to my eye.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

i met up with davegs850 and we did some 850 riding through some fine western new york scenery. here's a picture of our stop at letchworth state park:

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                              82 gs1100L probably the next project
                              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                                i met up with davegs850 and we did some 850 riding through some fine western new york scenery. here's a picture of our stop at letchworth state park:

What did you ride to VT rally?

Comment

Working...
                                X