No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went home at lunch to pick up my bike as it was 8 (46) degrees out! Nice! Played the riding game. Oh I hope Feb. is as nice as January was.
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      Went home at lunch to pick up my bike as it was 8 (46) degrees out! Nice! Played the riding game. Oh I hope Feb. is as nice as January was.
      Amen Brother!

Daniel

Comment

Took a 220 mi ride with my brother on our ST1300's. Made a loop to the south through Smith Valley and met up with a friend to discuss plans to attend a Rally in Denver this summer. It was low to mid fifties throughout the day.

Sorry, no pics, having trouble uploading the video. ARG!

Comment

Back on two wheels...

Behold, the maiden voyage of Turd II...

Just a crappy cell phone pic taken at a random gas station Monday evening where I stopped to adjust the handlebars.

I rode the KLR to work Tuesday, and will ride the V-Strom to work today (Wednesday). We'll be back to our regularly scheduled winter sometime tomorrow, but it was a nice couple of days' respite. The GS will come out when the salt has washed off the roads. I've learned my lesson there...

Very nice to be riding again, too.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
            Behold, the maiden voyage of Turd II...

Just a crappy cell phone pic taken at a random gas station Monday evening where I stopped to adjust the handlebars.

I rode the KLR to work Tuesday, and will ride the V-Strom to work today (Wednesday). We'll be back to our regularly scheduled winter sometime tomorrow, but it was a nice couple of days' respite. The GS will come out when the salt has washed off the roads. I've learned my lesson there...

Very nice to be riding again, too.
            Hey good to see someone getting out in a place where they should be riding a snowmobile instead of a motorcycle.
            No signature

Comment

Absolutely B E A utiful here today and I'm stuck inside at work 57 and bright sun no wind... *sigh*

Comment

Clear and sunny, about 80 deg. Went for a nice backroads ride, no vultures. LOL
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I ride every day it doesn't rain or dip below 30 degrees F. I rode at 31 degrees a few days ago but only about 10 miles before stopping for a while. I need to get a camera.
                  1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                  1983 GS 1100 G
                  2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                  2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                  1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Got out for a little bit to look at another acquisition.
                    It looks like it will be following me home.
                    It is definitely a "beater" and needs lots of love but, it does run.
                    I feel almost like I will be cheating as it does run already.
                    Well, sort of anyway. Leaking carb and leaking petcock, etc...

Some pic's of this rolling pile...

Daniel

Comment

Another rescue did you get a decent deal?

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                        Another rescue did you get a decent deal?
                        But, of course!
                        I paid $100 for the engine, $100 for the swing arm, $100 for the the '83 exhaust and for $50, I got the steering damper, carbs, title, seat and the rest of it!

Daniel

Comment

$350 and it runs without an airbox

Comment

Don't you know, NONE of these run without a completely buttoned up tight, factory air box! LMAO!!!
                            Enough hi-jacking this thread. I will start a build thread once it comes home to roost.

Daniel

Comment

Pics...? No. Just a short ride to & from work today. Temps in the high 30's is all I need to roll out the GS for the day. Tomorrow might be okay for more, but need to see how cold it gets early...

Comment

Went home at lunch to get the bike and finish work rounds on it. Sunny and 11 degrees (52) Feb 1st CRAZY!! This is a pic over looking some roof tops and the Pacific ocean. Oh yeah did 85kms (53mi)
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X