No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No pictures today but beautiful ride in SE Ohio with my wife, about a hundred miles. 775 north from Huntington to 790 to 218 to 7 Gallipolis for lunch, then hop the Ohio and go home on 2. Absolutely gorgeous.
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Nice to see people finally shaking off the cold and getting out, myself included. Last night felt good.
      Thanks for the photo comments. To my surprise, it seems to have struck a chord, here and elsewhere. As far as the bike positioning, I was originally on the street, but the curb was a big visual distraction, and the area was empty soooo up onto the sidewalk I went for a tighter shot.
      Also grabbed some non cycle pics while out trolling around.
      Last edited by dorkburger; 05-12-2018, 09:45 PM.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Dave, I always enjoy your Ca reports. How does it feel getting back on the GS after riding the BMW?
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
          Dave, I always enjoy your Ca reports. How does it feel getting back on the GS after riding the BMW?
          Like I belong on the GS.
          Maybe will get in a couple more rides.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Next 11 miles. And it was.

And then over to another road.

ANd then this state highway back into town. CAn see it there along the side of the valley.
            Last edited by Redman; 05-13-2018, 08:55 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

After Charmayne returned from her boyfriend's and took mom out to a Mother's Day lunch, we rode down to the Full Throttle Go-Kart track towards Cincinnati. Mom and the two boys followed in the car (my other daughter Cheyenne had to work today). She and I had a good afternoon racing against each other and even Paul (the one with Spina Bifida) managed to get into a race car for a couple of races

Char and Dad May 2018 by Scott Baker, on Flickr
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                After Charmayne returned from her boyfriend's and took mom out to a Mother's Day lunch, we rode down to the Full Throttle Go-Kart track towards Cincinnati. Mom and the two boys followed in the car (my other daughter Cheyenne had to work today). She and I had a good afternoon racing against each other and even Paul (the one with Spina Bifida) managed to get into a race car for a couple of races

Char and Dad May 2018 by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                What a fun day. Love the mini carts! AIK (Albuquerque Indoor Karting) is a treat we don't do often. Glad Paul got to ride in one. Good memories were made no doubt.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Next 11 miles. And it was.

And then over to another road.

ANd then this state highway back into town. CAn see it there along the side of the valley.
                  That ain't Michigan, is it Dave? Glad you're having a good time. We've had a really soggy few days here in Ann Arbor, and it's supposed to continue tomorrow (Monday). Maybe I'll get a quick ride in Tuesday after work.

Comment

I went up to Fletcher this weekend, My buddy is moving to Albuquerque New Mexico and I 'm helping him get his sugar bush set before he leaves for 5 year.

But it equated to a few hundred miles on... This weekend!

I did take the Original Black 1200 for a nice ride Saturday AM... Running very well!

Got to my buddy's Vermont property to work on the bush and his FZ6...

After an evening of solid work, drinking, early start, more work and a 2 hour ride home I was pretty WHOOPED..

I had to pull over for I was nodding off (guess Cruise control, a plush ride and comfortable seat is not the best combination ) Snapped this one... The attention to detail is just stellar... I love this bike.
                    It was a good weekend!!!!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Love those 1st gen Bandits.
                      Current Bikes:
                      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
                        That ain't Michigan, is it Dave? .. .... .... ....
                        Was it the cactus that gave it away.....? har har har

Comment

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

A job got cancelled yesterday. Could've gone to a different job but too nice of a day. Went riding.

20180514_123745.jpg
                            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                            82 gs1100L probably the next project
                            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Not that there's a shortage of geese these days but I seldom see them in a creek or in a threesome.

20180514_124439.jpg
                              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                              82 gs1100L probably the next project
                              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                                A job got cancelled yesterday. Could've gone to a different job but too nice of a day. Went riding.
                                Dude "the ugly" is a tank!
                                Nice day for sure!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X