Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Great photos.
    Good photos of road and scenery that show some of what the ride was like. Good.

(I will be shoveling snow off roof this afternoon.)

Thanks, there was a little bit of snow still on the north facing slopes but apart from a strong wind blowing it was a great day to be out on the bike.

PS, some sheep in this one
    Attached Files

Comment

Well despite the 20' weather (and apparently that means warm to my brain now) I decided to go for a 15 mile jaunt around the block and stretch out the legs of the BK. I couldn't give all the miles to FZ. It was pretty brisk on my big naked bike but the Sun is really the game changer now. I was surprisingly pretty warm despite the mercury saying bellow freezing. Sun is melting more snow and I feel spring coming!!! Honestly its a frickin' gorgeous day out there!
      Anyway Pics of me on the side of Shard Villa road. This bike is fun as heck!!! Did my first wheelie with it today too... It was too easy, in 3rd gear.

Look forward to the warmth coming and extending my range out a bit. I think in the next couple of week's I'll be on it more and more.

I really hope to meet up with more GSR members this year. I want to meet and chat with you guys. I'm looking into the Brown county ride. The PNW meet won't work this year (sorry boys) and ultimately tying the season up with the Green Mountain rally the weekend after labor day. Hope in the mean time I can meet and greet as many local members as possible.

Anyway... Hope to see you out there!!!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

That is one cool looking house in the background there. Pretty much nothing old out here. Glad to see the weather is giving you a break.......
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          That is one cool looking house in the background there. Pretty much nothing old out here. Glad to see the weather is giving you a break.......
          That's Shard Villa, A really cool estate built in 1872. It's now an assisted living home but certain areas still are original and wonderful have murals on the wall. The proprietors are buried on the property. Lots of interesting and spooky stuff... It's also haunted. Ive been in there at night.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryBB View Post
            It was so lovely out today that I have to add a second pic to show the scenery.

Some nice pics, Jerry.
            Had to look up what kind of a bike was a Revere. Sort of a universal NT650.
            Do you like it? A buddy just sold his NT track bike.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              Some nice pics, Jerry.
              Had to look up what kind of a bike was a Revere. Sort of a universal NT650.
              Do you like it? A buddy just sold his NT track bike.
              Thanks Steve about the pics.

It was "invented" by Honda for the born again biker as it was supposed to be all that such would want, good handling, V Twin appeal, shaft for ease of maintenance, not too big or too fast and that sums it up, designed by a corporate ad men and it probably does nothing really well. That said I like it, though it is only a 600 so a bit gutless perhaps and needs to be revved to get anywhere in a hurry, the handling is pretty good though a bit slow but that makes it fairly stable at motorway speeds. Mind you that said today on the ride it handled really well feeling quite flickable on the country lanes and small roads. The brakes work well, the shaft is great to have needing no work to be done on it and makes the bike stay clean unlike chain driven bikes. It was a first for me with the water cooling and the single sided swinging arm does make rear wheel removal very easy and they dropped it on later models as it was an expensive bit of technology that made the bike more expensive than it needed to be I think. It has a big tank for its size so will go a long way between fill ups for a bike of its age. As it is a Honda, it always starts even after being stood for a few months over the winter and it started on the button without the battery needing to be charged. Interestingly they designed it so it vibrated to appeal to the old Brit bike rider and that was also why it was a middleweight Twin. I brought it to use as my work commuter bike to save wear and tear on the GS and it has done that really well, but I tend to use the car for that these days so it has become a bit redundant and it is only being used at this time because I am working on the GS so I might sell it in a few months, though after todays ride on it I might end up keeping it as I would not get much for it and it does have its own charm and appeal.

Comment

[/URL]

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                Great video Charlie. Very smooth, where was the camera mounted ? { I especially liked the ending }
                Made this mount to attach a car window spotting scope mount to the bike. I tried it once with my camera and it shook real bad so never tried it again. Surprised me that the GOPro did so well. The ending was just for you. There is a one in my town now as well.

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                Nice ride Charlie, but was wondering where all the corners were.

V
                I straightened them all out ahead of my son so he wouldn't have a problem with the road. New trick I've learned.

Originally posted by JerryBB View Post
                Some stunning scenery for the ride, great to see this, thanks.
                Thanks for the picts of your country side. Never been there.

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                nice ride.....

Thanks...I seem to have forgotten how to post YouTube links.

cg
                Last edited by Charlie G; 03-06-2015, 09:55 PM.
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Rob and I went up Island to one of out favorite spots fro lunch. partly because it's a nice back road ride. Beautiful day! Around 60 and sunny.

The Crow and Gate pub...old school. Charlie you would love this place! Did 250kms today. Good start to March

Rob changing the tape in his 8-Track...

Me filling my face on dessert.

Rob has installed if new fangled fancy gps on the Gentleman Tourister.

No signature

Comment

So Rob, how do you like riding behind a Vetter?

V
                    Gustov
                    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                    81 GS 1000 G
                    79 GS 850 G
                    81 GS 850 L
                    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                    80 GS 550 L
                    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                    2002 Honda 919
                    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

To be honest I really like it, at least in the winter. I appreciate the extra storage space, it's VERY comfortable of course and 'I think' it will help with weight distribution if I do a double up trip fully loaded. Of course it doesn't handle as smooth with the Vetter on but I know my progressive PVC extensions are still a bit long so I'm hoping that will improve things even more. I've enjoyed it so much this winter I'm very seriously considering leaving it on when the warm weather arrives, but we'll see.
                      Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Charlie this is for you.

I warmed up the old girl
                        [/URL]

then in keeping with new laws here I stopped for a photo op
                        [/URL]

then a short time later arrived at my son's house.
                        [/URL]

[/URL]
                        Gustov
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        80 GS 550 L
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

No pictures, but i took the GS550es out to run errands and putter around. Ran like a top, bit continues to have a tiny oil leak from somewhere causing a light smoke when finally shut down.

It also ran great, idled great and fired right up, but again decided to dribble a tiny bit of gas into the airbox.....again.

Comment

That's more better!
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g
                            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Charlie, the old girl still hauls a$$.

V
                              Gustov
                              81 GS 1000 G
                              79 GS 850 G
                              81 GS 850 L
                              80 GS 550 L
                              2002 Honda 919
                              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Took my son out for his first ride of the year...it hit 16 (63) today!!
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X