No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rode to work today and met up with my buddy that pulled the trigger on buying the 80 gs1100g I had posted here. 13000kms!

He has joined here and will be along to do a proper intro...I took him over to Rob's house as Rob was doing some spring cleaning while Lisa was away..lol And Jay made hi first purchase for the bike...I stylish yet economical (the way I like my women) back rest. Oh by the way...high 60s here today. Hehe...sure is warm in Canada. lol

Last edited by trevor; 03-12-2015, 08:08 PM.
    No signature

Comment

Man Your Canadian weather is just as nice as all your bikes. Is there some kind of time warp up there!?!?! That is one nice looking G!!!! The Paint looks brand new!!!!!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        Man Your Canadian weather is just as nice as all your bikes. Is there some kind of time warp up there!?!?! That is one nice looking G!!!! The Paint looks brand new!!!!!
        The bike only has 8000 miles on it. The paint is perfect.
        I can't believe it myself, how many GS bikes are here on our tiny Island. We have to have the most gsr members per capita for sure!
        No signature

Comment

I think you're right. I sure don't see that many around the lower mainland. That is one sweet G !!!
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
            I think you're right. I sure don't see that many around the lower mainland. That is one sweet G !!!
            Well in all fairness his bike came from the mainland and so has my 3 current GS's.
            No signature

Comment

Brought the bike to the house from the garage via the high school and eye doctor. It's supposed to rain for the next two days but be nice Sunday and most of next week (fingers crossed). I'd rather let the bike get wet (need to find the cover) and ride from the house to work on Monday than to slog through the mud of the garage's driveway.
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Took the former GK out today for a while. Enjoying new shocks.10422404_793678264052602_7340961883238304033_n.jpg

Comment

Went for a short loop yesterday, about 70 miles, pulled in around 5 and it started raining. All dry while I was out. Temp was low 60's. Have about 600 miles on the bike after rebuild, all seems well and the cams are in the right position now. Looking forward to doing another track day in May at the Ridge.
                  GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Hi, Jay here, i'm new to GSR so a big hello.
                    I joined because i was searching for a decent, used, older UJM and Trevor lit the fire for the Suzuki brand again after letting me rip with him on a trip to Port Renfrew on a stunner of a day.
                    He lent me the Gs 1100E from his stable and that was enough to light the fire again lol (previously owned 82 1100E and 84 1150EF).
                    Trevor buddy, thanks for the heads up on the aforementioned 1980 1000G that's pictured below.....me likey very much!
                    It cleaned up even nicer than the photos are showing. Linda will appreciate the spiffy back rest i purchased from Rob. I'm sure it came off of one of Peter Fonda's bikes:-)
                    I'm keeping the emphasis on the bike being stock...ish. It'll need a set of slip on's as one of the mufflers has a pinhole or i would be interested in a 4into2 pipe but they don't seem to easy to find.
                    Anyhoo...looking forward to many happy kms/miles. Ride safe ya'll

Comment

Welcome sir, your cycle looks great! Good luck with it and enjoy.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Happy to say that I went for a ride today! Sun came out this evening perfect timing since I got all my parts in today and got her running.

a huge thanks to everyone here and those that contributed to bikecliffs site, helped me get her running much better! Still waiting on the carb tune for the final adjustment but a short 8 mile ride confirmed no leaks or anything else along those lines

Comment

Sure are a couple of nice looking 1000s there, Slycox and Trevor. I'm sitting here in Ottawa, it is something below zero, with freezing rain in the forecast, just itching to get out for a ride. Spring is coming...... another month til the snow is gone, the ruts are paved in, and the street sweepers are out all night. Arghhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by motorcyclebusiness View Post
                            Hi, Jay here, i'm new to GSR so a big hello.
                            I joined because i was searching for a decent, used, older UJM and Trevor lit the fire for the Suzuki brand again after letting me rip with him on a trip to Port Renfrew on a stunner of a day.
                            He lent me the Gs 1100E from his stable and that was enough to light the fire again lol (previously owned 82 1100E and 84 1150EF).
                            Trevor buddy, thanks for the heads up on the aforementioned 1980 1000G that's pictured below.....me likey very much!
                            It cleaned up even nicer than the photos are showing. Linda will appreciate the spiffy back rest i purchased from Rob. I'm sure it came off of one of Peter Fonda's bikes:-)
                            I'm keeping the emphasis on the bike being stock...ish. It'll need a set of slip on's as one of the mufflers has a pinhole or i would be interested in a 4into2 pipe but they don't seem to easy to find.
                            Anyhoo...looking forward to many happy kms/miles. Ride safe ya'll
                            Welcome! I need to steal your bike. You coming to the rally?
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g
                            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Phred View Post
                              Sure are a couple of nice looking 1000s there, Slycox and Trevor. I'm sitting here in Ottawa, it is something below zero, with freezing rain in the forecast, just itching to get out for a ride. Spring is coming...... another month til the snow is gone, the ruts are paved in, and the street sweepers are out all night. Arghhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Yeah we have been unseasonably warm around here. Upper 50's and a couple 60 days for the most part this last week. Thankfully not a lot of snow this year (yet). Glad she's running just need my Carbtune to show up now.

Comment

Well a bit of a motley crew today that's for sure. Glenn was in town so Trevor had him take the 750, Trevor on the BMW and me on the TS, ha,ha,ha,ha...what a sight we must have been.

Trevor will have some better pictures but I just like to bug him once and while and post before he does........
                                Rob
                                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
                                X